- Dnieper Ukraine (Приднепровье, Наддніпрянщина) — Dnipropetrovsk Oblast, the northern part of Kherson Oblast, and the middle and north part of Zaporizhzhia Oblast
- Donbass region — Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts, disputed as of October 2022
- Pryazovia — Zaporizhzhia Oblast, the southern part of Donetsk Oblast, and the eastern part of Kherson Oblast
- Sloboda Ukraine (Слобожанщина,Слобідська Україна) — Kharkiv Oblast, parts of the Sumy Oblast, Donetsk Oblast, and Luhansk Oblast
|Donetsk Oblast |
Includes the major cities of Donetsk and Mariupol in the southeast near the Sea of Azov.
|Luhansk Oblast |
Former site of the Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) and the easternmost oblast in Ukraine.
|Dnipropetrovsk Oblast |
Surrounding the city of Dnipro on the Dnieper River.
|Zaporizhzhia Oblast |
On the southern side of the country, between the Dnieper River and the Sea of Azov.
|Kharkiv Oblast |
Surrounding the major city of Kharkiv, near the border with Russia.
- 1 Dnipro – The center of Dnipropetrovsk region, part of the Dnieper Ukraine area
- 2 Donetsk – former capital of Donetsk Oblast, primarily known for its plant for the production of sparkling wine bottles the classic way
- 3 Berdyansk – A spa therapy resort
- 4 Kamianske – Major industrial hub on the shores of the impressive Kamianske Reservoir
- 5 Kharkiv – The second most populous city in Ukraine and its first capital. In Sloboda Ukraine area
- 6 Kryvyi Rih – A major industrial center, in Dnieper Ukraine region
- 7 Luhansk – former capital of Luhansk Oblast
- 8 Lysychansk – a major urban and industrial hub of the Donetsk coal basin area
- 9 Mariupol – A major industrial center, climatic and mud resort. Part of the Pryazovia area
- 10 Melitopol — a base for visiting the coast
- 11 Pavlohrad – The center of the West Donbass coal basin
- 12 Sievierodonetsk – has a significant chemical production centre
- 13 Zaporizhzhia – Center of Zaporizhzhia region, part of the Dnieper Ukraine area
In Dnieper Ukraine, visit Dneproges in Zaporizhzhia. It was the first power station on the Dnieper, the flagship of the electrification plan, and the energy base of the Zaporozhye industrial complex. You can also here find Khortitsa island.
The longest promenade in Europe is in Dnipro.
The mining and heaps throughout the region create a distinctive industrial landscape.
The 2 Homilsha Woods National Nature Park has five major hiking routes, and guided excursions are available, along with shorter hiking routes that access historical and cultural monuments.
The 3 Holy Mountains National Nature Park has many archaeological, natural, historical, and recreational sites. It is in the northern part of the Donetsk region.
See the warning box at the top of this page, and consult your foreign affairs ministry.