Kharkiv (Ukrainian: Харків - "Kharkiv", Russian: Харьков - "Kharkov") is a major city in the Kharkiv region of Ukraine and is the second largest city in Ukraine with a population of over 1.5 million inhabitants. The city is located in the northeast of the Ukraine. The site of the city is a hilly plain — more than half of the total area of the city is situated about 100m above sea level. There is three rivers’ confluence: the Lopan, the Udy and the Kharkiv. The city has 9 administrative districts.
In 1654 Kharkiv was founded on a hill between the Lopan and Kharkiv Rivers. Ten years later Kharkiv became a separate province. In 1689 the construction of the Holy Shroud Cathedral was finished, this is the oldest stone building that preserved in the city. The Holy Shroud Monastery was founded, just 30 years later. In 1765 became the centre of the Province of Sloboda Ukraine. In 1780's by a rchitect P. Yaroslavky, the city development plan was made. In 1791 the first city theatre was opened. The Kharkiv Emperor’s University starting operation 1800's. In 1816 the first magazines in Ukraine were published, the “Kharkivsky Democrit”, a magazine of satire and humor. In 1869 the first train arrived in Kharkiv, and in July regular traffic started along the Kursk-Kharkiv-Azov Railway. The first water system of the city was laid. The Kharkiv Technological Institute was opened for engineers for industry, mining and construction. End of 1880's the first city state telephone station started. The first electric tram since 1906 worked. In 1917 Soviet power was proclaimed & Kharkiv was the first capital of Ukraine until 1934). In 1924 Regular flights on the routes Kharkiv – Kiev and Kharkiv – Odessa were launched. In 1927 built the Metallist Stadium, which became the main sporting arena of the city. 1930s The construction of the flagships of Soviet industry, including Tractor Plant, Turbine Plant, and Lathe Contraction Plant was finished.
Moderate continental weather. In winter, it is very changeable. The coldest months are January and February sometimes can so low as -15 or even -25°С, but the average ~-6°С in these months. The warmest and rainiest months are July and August. An average temperature of July is +20°С.
- 1 Kharkiv International Airport (Міжнародний аеропорт "Харків") (12.5km south-east of the central city), ☎ , . HRK IATA. Direct flights from Kiev, Minsk, Warsaw, Katowice, Dortmund, Tel-Aviv and Istanbul.
Getting into the city from the airport
- By bus: Buses 115 and 119 to metro (subway) station "Prospekt Haharina", bus 297 to metro station "Maidan Konstytutsii".
- By minibus (marshrutka): Marshrutkas 255 and 152 to metro station "Akademika Barabashova".
- By trolleybus Trolleybus 5 to "Zirka" cinema.
- 2 Central Coach Station No. 1 (Автостанция №1, Центральный автовокзал), 22, Gagarina Av (Train Station 'Levada'), ☎ . 24h. Buses following international (Rostov-on-Don, Moscow, Germany) and interregional routes (Poltava, Krasnograd, Izyum directions). The most useful lines are to Poltava (11UAH, 2½ hours, at least eight a day), Dnipro (18UAH, 4½ hours, 20 a day) and Zaporizhia (24UAH, 6½ hours, at least 2 a day). Many regional lines also depart from here.
- 3 Bus Station No. 2 (‘Tsentralny Rynok’ Station, Автостанция N2, Суздальские ряды, Центральный рынок), Suzdal'skie Ryady str., 9 (Metro 'Центральный рынок'), ☎ . Buses in the direction of Sumy (north). International buses also depart from here.
- 4 Bus Station No. 3 or ‘Konny Rynok’ Station (Автостанция No.3, Конный рынок), Vosstaniya sq., 4 (M: Vosstaniya), ☎ .
- 5 Bus Station No. 4 or Lisopark Station (Автостанция №4), Belgorodskoe highway, 1 (Tram 12 to Lisopark terminal), ☎ , . To/From Belgorod.
- 6 Bus Station #6 Kholodna Hora (Автостанция N6 Холодная Гора), Poltavskii Shlyakh str., 143 (Prosp. Moskovsky) (M: Kholodna Hora), ☎ . Regional & international buses.
- 7 Bus Station #8 Pivdennyi vokzal (Автостанция No.8 Южный вокзал, КП на пл. Привокзальной), Privokzal'naya sq., 2 (M: Yuzhnyi Vokzal), ☎ , . Regional & international routes.
- [dead link]Customer Service of ‘Autolux’ Bus Company, ☎ . 24 h. coaches follow the Kharkiv-Poltava-Boryspil Airport-Kiev route
- 8 Central railway station, 'Kharkiv-Passazhyrskyi' (The metro station Pivdenny Vokzal (метро Пiвденний вокзал) links to the railway station. At the railway station you can also take a tram, a route taxi, a bus or an ordinary taxi.). It has daily trains to all major cities and towns in Ukraine. - It is recommended to buy railway tickets in advance at Ukrainian railways' website (press "English" button at the top of the page) [dead link]. You will need to print booking form from the site and then fetch tickets form any Ukrainian railways' ticket office. The person receiving Internet-ordered travel documents in the ticket office must present an identifying document to the booking-clerk. - Railway tickets can be purchased at the booking offices at the railway station, at the Service Centre or at the advance booking offices. The Service Centre is open 24 hours at the ground floor. Here you can purchase tickets, book a room, order a taxi or hire a luggage porter, as well as get all the necessary information, make a photo copy or use a PC. - The U Samovara (At the Samovar) Tea Pavilion is located in the central hall of the railway station. The biggest samovar in Ukraine of 305kg and 360 liter is installed there. - There is a waiting room is on the first floor & a conference room on the second floor. - From here depart express trains to Simferopol 7 hours, Kiev, 5 hours via Poltava 2 hours. - To Kiev is a direct overnight train service (87UAH, 8½ to 10 hours). To Donetsk (70UAH, 6½ to eight hours, six a day) and 1 so-called ‘fast elektrychka’ (electric train) with airplane-style seating (38UAH, 5½ hours). There’s also a fast elektrychka to Dnipro (25UAH, 4½ hours) along with a host of regular trains (35UAH, 6 hours), Odesa (100UAH, 14 hours, twice a day).
- 9 Railway advance booking tickets Cash desk (Каси попереднього продажу залізничних квитків), Nauky ave., 27/23 (M3: Botanichniy Sad).
- 10 Train ticket office, pre-sale (Каси попереднього продажу залізничних квитків), Sumskaya str., 39 (M2: Universytet (Університет) station).
- 11 Kharkiv-Balashovsky station (Залізнична станція Харків-Балашовський), Plekhanovskaya str., 114 (M: Zavod im. Malysheva), ☎ . A commuter train station
- 12 Kharkiv-Levada Railway Station (Залізнична станція "Харків-Левада" Kharkiv-Levada Харків,), Movchanyvskyi prov. (Мовчанівський пров.) (M: Prospekt Gagarina). A commuter train station.
- Alongside electric commuter trains, rail buses have been introduced recently.
Kharkiv can seem very foreign for western travelers, mostly because of Cyrillic letters. It would be very useful to learn to read the Cyrillic alphabet before coming to Ukraine. Most Kharkivians speak Russian, as Kharkiv is situated only 40 km from the Russian border. Though there will be a big possibility that the locals will not understand the Russian which comes from the travelers’ phrasebook. But it is worth trying to practice as there are only a few people who speak and understand English, mostly young Ukrainians.
The Metro is the fastest and easiest way of getting around. Every day it carries nearly 1 million people; it is the most convenient public transport in Kharkiv. There are three metro lines (red, blue and green).
To enter the Metro you need to buy a token from the cash desk, Kassa (Ukrainian: Каса)(since 2010 the tokens are sold by the automats you'll see at the entrance). One token is valid for one trip, no matter how far you go and how long it takes. A token costs UAH 3.00. You need to put the token into the turnstile to your right to enter and pass it. But make sure that you walk through the correct side of the turnstile otherwise there is the possibility that you will be hit by the metal gate!
A card system is also in place; a card can be bought at an automat for UAH10 and it can be recharged for an amount of up to UAH500. To use the card just place the card on top of the turnstile to your right, make sure that the light is green and proceed.
The way the Kharkiv Metro is designed allows you to choose the direction of travel after you have paid for you trip.
The Kharkiv tram network one of the few left in Ukraine, since the collapse of the Soviet Union. The number 12 tram line is very useful if you wish to visit the far northeastern part of the city.
- 1 Church of the Peter and Paul (Церковь Петра и Павла), Shevchenko str., 121 (M2: Kyivska ( Київська) station). Opened in 1866, built in Russian-Byzantine style. Stone temple with dome. Restored to 130-year anniversary, in 1996.
- 2 Annunciation Cathedral (Blagoveschensky Church, Кафедральный собор Благовещения Пресвятой Богородицы (1888-1901)), Karla Marksa sq.. Main Orthodox church of Kharkiv, built and consecrated at the turn of 20th century.
- 3 [dead link]Choral Synagogue (Хоральна синагога), Pushkinska 12 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii (Майдан Конституції) station). The largest synagogue in Ukraine, today a centre of Jewish culture and life. 1912. building relegated deeper into a site on the grounds that it was necessary to measure the distance of 100 yards (213 meters) from the Orthodox Nicholas Church. It housed The Jewish workers' club named the Third International, 1941 - Children's Theater, later the building was voluntary sports organizations, "Spartacus." Since 1990 transferred to the Jewish community of the city. After a fire in 1998 the building was renovated and opened in 2003
- 4 Church of the Nativity of Christ and of the St. Sergius of Radonezh (Церковь Рождества Христова и Сергия Радонежского), Nauky ave, 65а (N 5km - M3: 23 Serpina ( 23 Серпня) station). 1998 was laid and consecrated stone of a new temple in honor of 2000 years of Christmas in the name of St. Sergius Radonez. January 17, 1999 was consecrated
- 5 Holy Protection of the Virgin monastery (Свято-Покровський монастир), 8 Universytetska St (In centre - M Maidan Konstytutsii). Built in begin 17th-end 19th century, the oldest stone construction in Kharkiv and a monument of architecture of national significance. Ukrainian Baroque combined with Roman and Old-Russian motifs. Founded by the Cossacks, the Cathedral was erected in 1689 as part of the fortifications. The complex include: Ozeryanska church, 1896 designed as a basilica with high, narrow windows and its thick stone walls prove it was part of the city’s defensive fortifications, inside a copy of an miracle-working icon of Our Lady of Ozeriana what found in the Village of Ozeriana not far from Kharkiv in the mid-17th century; the Defense tower-bell tower, 1689; the Protection of the Virgin cathedral, 1689, in ukrainian baroque style; the Bishop's house, 1820-1826, classicism style; the Seminary , 1912. In the 18th century here was the home for Kharkiv College. Being an educational institution of Kiev-Mohyla Academy type, it trained students for religious and various secular activities. - The Eparch’s House(1826), now the diocesan administration, a complex with monks cells. - Part of it:
- 6 The Assumption or Dormition Cathedral (Успенський собор), Kvitky-Osnov'yanenka (вул.Квітки-Основ'яненка), 2 (M Maidan Konstytutsii). Orthodox church rebuilt several times, first in 1770's, currently baroque. The bell tower was the tallest building in the city until the 21st century, 1821-1844, in classicism style.
- 7 Cathedral of the Most Holy Mother of God (Pokrovsky Cathedral, Собор Покрова Пресвятой Богородицы), Universitetskaya str., 10 (Maidan Konstytutsii (Майдан Конституції) station). built by Cossacks outside of those limits fortress, near its northern wall in 1689 - instead of wooden Protection Church (known since 1659)
- Dormition or Assumption Cathedral (Успенский собор), Universitetskaya str., 11 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii (Майдан Конституції) station). built in 1646 and was originally made of wood, and in 1685 was rebuilt in stone. In 1773 the temple was burned during the great fire. In the modern form of the Assumption Cathedral with a bell tower - a monument of national importance was built in 1821-1844 years the means of the clergy and Kharkov in honor of the victory in the war of 1812. The church boasted a gilded icon screen, carved from limewood to Rastrelli's Rococo design.The free-standing Alexander Bell Tower was built in the aftermath of Napoleon's expulsion from Russia "to express the people's gratitude to Alexander I". It used to be the second tallest building in Ukraine after the Great Lavra Bell Tower. The seat of the local bishop was moved from the older Intercession Cathedral to the Dormition Church in 1846. A large French clock was installed in the bell tower in 1856. The belfry damaged by a tornado in 1975. Restored in the late 1970s and reverted to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in 2006. A Rieger–Kloss organ installed in the building back in 1986.
- 8 Ozeryanska church on Kholodna hill (Озерянська церква на Холодній горі), Poltavskyi shlyakh 124 (M 'Kholodna Hora'). - Built in 1892-1901, in Russian-byzantine style.
- 9 Church of the St. Panteleimon (Церковь Святого Пантелеймона Целителя), 94-94A Klochkivs'ka (M: Derzhprom( Держпром) station, 15 min walk). Church found in 1882, in 1883 were ready to wall, roof and belfry. The first service began in 1885. It s made in Russian-Byzantine style. In 1897-18 reconstructed. The Church adorned the facade of decorative details, what gave to the church a festive look. In 1930 dismantled tower with a cupola, decorative turrets. Domed bell tower was stripped cross. The last restoration work completed in 1999.
- 10 Church of St. John the Baptist (Церковь Усекновения главы Иоанна Предтечи), Artema str., 50A (M2: Pushkinska - Molodozh Park). Built in the Russian-Byzantine style, in 1845. Since 1857 used as a parish temple. In 1853 the dome of this temple collapsed. Restoration completed in 1857. The temple built in the tradition of old Russian architecture. The plan is an cross-dome church.
- 11 Cathedral of Uspeniya Virgin Mary (Собор Успения Приснодевы Марии), Gogolya str 4 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei (Історичний музей) station). First Catholic cathedral built in 1887-92. It has a high bell tower of the Gothic spire and round-socket window in the second tier. In 1901 when the church operated as a hospice, later it was a home for orphans, parish school.
- 12 Trinity Church, the Life-giving (Церковь Троицы Живоначальной), Dubovogo Ivana ln., 3 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii (Майдан Конституції)). 1700's already existed. The first church was wooden, in 1764 rebuilt on stone. The new church was small, three cupolas, one of them with extension, which named the "Little Church" rather than the main house - the "Great Church". Belfry topped with an angel. In 1850's was decided to build a new temple - with a separate bell tower. After the revolution a long time in building the temple housed the bakery, and only in 1992 it returned to the faith service.
- 13 Maestro art gallery (Художественная галерея Маэстро), Sumskaya str., 25 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei (Історичний музей) station). Since 1997 the Gallery actively promotes the art of theater, because along with paintings and drawings in the "Maestro" exhibitions devoted to the theater, arts and crafts, photos.
- 14 Kosmos & UFO museum (Музей уфологии и космонавтики Космос.), Kravtsova ln., 15 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei), ☎ . - Information about the anomalous zones of the planet, the earthlings messages to other civilizations, meteorites, astronomical data on the possibility of life on other worlds, the observations of pilots and astronauts, pictures of NASA. Human space flight and launch of spacecraft.
- 15 History Museum (Исторический музей), Universitetskaya str., 5 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei (Історичний музей) station), ☎ . Founded in 1920 as the Museum of Sloboda Ukraine Skovorody, in former pawnshop building, built in 1908. There archaeological finds from excavations of Bronze Age settlements, set things from Donetsk county from Old Ruthenian period, 11-12th century. Also there exhibits of coins, ethnographical material, collection of weapons, flags and so on. Outdoors exposed tanks Mark V (used British during the First World War) a T-34 and three guns (Soviet Union during the Second World War).
- 16 Police History Museum (Музей истории органов внутренних дел Харьковщины), Radnarkomivskaya str., 13 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova station), ☎ . Raised in 1996, on 360 square meters area, in three rooms of the Palace of culture police. Largest - Memorial Hall, the other two - Hall of memory of the fallen police officers and the Hall of the Great Patriotic War. The visitor has the opportunity to view old photographs of police officers who carried the severe service in law enforcement, archival documents, newspaper clippings, awards of the 21th century. Particularly attention is drawn medal "For service without blemish", "With diligence" and the like. Presented guards uniform enforcement of different times, samples of weapons, reports, statements.
- 17 Dom Khudozhnika Exhibit Center (Выставочный центр Дом художника), Darvina str., 11 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova ( Архітектора Бекетова) station), ☎ . House of artist now. It was the mansion of the English consul, Charles Blekki. In building, reminding the English out-of-town cottage, since 1934 it was a hotel for foreigners. Artistic exhibitions are here conducted today.
- 18 Vasylkivskyi City Art gallery (Міська художня галерея ім. С. Васильківського), Chernyshevskogo str., 15 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova ( Архітектора Бекетова) station), ☎ .
- AS art gallery (Галерея современного искусства"АС"), Chernyshevskogo str.,13 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova ( Архітектора Бекетова) station), ☎ .
- 19 Museum of Folk Art Slobozhanshchina (Mузей народного мистецтва Слобожанщини), Chernyshevskogo str., 18/9 & Sovnarkomovskaya str., 9 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova ( Архітектора Бекетова) station), ☎ . Founded in 1991. The collection housed in a building constructed by the architect Alexey Beketov, in the late 19th century. There are about two thousand exhibits reflecting the history and basic directions of the folk art of our region. The highlight is the embroidery. Here are the towels and shirts of 19th century. A special delight is embroidered with white on white. In addition to products made of clay, straw, wicker, wood, beads. The museum shows the annual series of exhibitions from works by modern masters.
- 20 AVEK Gallery (Галерея АВЭК), Sumskaya str. (ул. Сумская), 70 (Universytet (Університет) station), ☎ . Daily 10.00-22.00. - a leading non-governmental exhibition area of Kharkov. Yearly visited by a million people. In the gallery, "AVEC" repeatedly exhibited their work the best masters of Kharkov. A special place is occupied by the project "Intercultural Dialogue".
- 21 Literature Museum (Литературный музей), Frunze str.,6 (Pushkinska station), ☎ . Founded in 1988. The staff of the museum conducts research, research and educational work on the reconstruction of literary history Slobozhanshchina (Kharkiv region). There are more than 30 thousand exhibits, contains a unique manuscripts, photos, documents, autographs, memorabilia of many other cultural figures. Based on these ekspanatov team created dozens of museum exhibitions that have received high marks in Ukraine and abroad. Here operate children's clubs and Theatre-Studio Arabesques.
- 22 Museum of Nature, Archaeology and Ethnography of the Sloboda Ukraine (Музей природы, Музей археології та етнографії Слобідської України), Trinklera str., 8 (Derzhprom( Держпром) station), ☎ . In 23 halls, 4 thousand m², more than 250,000 artifacts can see the collection of archaeological finds relating to the Bronze Age, the Scythian period, antiquity, chernyakhivska Saltov and cultures, as well as items collected during ethnographic expeditions in Sloboda Region (around Kharkiv). There are stuffed animals and carcasses, skulls, skeletons, eggs, birds, wet and dry preparations of various animals, insects, specimens of rocks and minerals, fossils and skeletons, plaster casts, plaster casts of extinct animals. - At the Kharkiv National University. In 1807 the university was created by Cabinet of Antiquities, in the that year received the artifacts from Olbia and Voronezh. The collection is enriched slowly and sporadically, mostly through donations. Excavations carried out at this time findings of these expeditions, as well as from private collections of antiquities were presented, the majority of these items went-to the Museum of Fine Arts and Antiquities. This collection based the establishing in 1919, the Archaeological Museum. A collection of the Archaeological Museum has grown to nearly 200 thousand exhibits. The museum and numismatic collection contain about 40 thousand coins and medals.
- 23 Museum of Holocaust (Музей холокоста), Petrovskogo str., 28 (M2: Pushkinska), ☎ . This is an unique museum in Ukraine, with the theme of persecution of Jews during World War II. It presents documents of the first ever trial of Nazi war criminals, held in 1943 on the premises of the Kharkiv Opera Theater (now Kharkiv Philharmonic), as well as materials on the uprising by the prisoners at death camps and photos of Kharkiv residents killed by Nazis. The exhibition includes leaflets, posters and orders for various actions against Jews in Ukraine. It perpetuates the names of the '52 Righteous' - locals, who risked their lives saving Jews during the war.
- 24 The house-museum of the Hryzodubovy family (Дом-музей семьи Гризодубовых), Mironositskaya str., 54V (M2: Pushkinska), ☎ . Stephen V. Hryzodubovy was an inventor and self-taught pilot. His daughter Valentina Hryzodubovy - the first woman awarded the title Hero of the Soviet Union. 24–25 September 1938, she was commander of the crew An-37 "Motherland", which made a nonstop flight Moscow - Far East (pos. Kirby, Khabarovsk Region), setting the women's world distance record: 6,450km in 26h 29min. In the museum are more than 2,000 exhibits related to the life and work Hryzodubovy and design engineer P.G. Benynha, who's the first director and chief designer of the Kharkov Aviation Plant 1926-1934.
- 25 Slavianskiy Bazar Exhibition center/Student Palace? (Экспоцентр Славянский Базар), Pushkinskaya str., 79 (Metro 'Pushkinska' or Tram 26 to 'Pushkinska St'), ☎ , .
- 26 Museum of World Sexual Cultures (Музей сексуальных культур Мира), Mironositskaya str., 81A entrance at Maiakovka 5( Мироносицкая, вход с Маяковского (M:Pushkinska), ☎ . 11.00–19.00. Crrated by the department of sexology and medical psychology of Kharkiv Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education. The collection include materials on sexual cultures of the peoples of Europe, Africa, America, India, China and Japan from ancient times until today. UAH20–30.
- 27 Museum of Puppet Theater (Музей театральних ляльок), Konstitutsii sq., 24 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii (Майдан Конституції) station), ☎ . This type museum is the oldest in Ukraine, according to the riches collected and stored in its archives exhibition of materials throughout the former Soviet Union. In 1954 the Museum was opened, which began as a small exhibition of dolls from the performances of the City theater. The building, where located today was a former bank, built in 1907. There are on the third floor three large exhibition halls. The museum has exhibits of the Soviet republics, Poland, Bulgaria, East Germany (GDR), USA, Canada, Belgium, France and other countries.
- 28 Paintings Gallery or Galereia na Pletnevskom (Kартинная Галерея на Плетневском), Pletnevskii ln., 2 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii N 0.5km), ☎ .
- 29 Kostiuryns'kyi provulok City Gallery (Галерея сучасного образотворчого мистецтва "Костюринський провулок"), Lane Kostiurinskii, 1 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii N 0.6km), ☎ . Soviet underground art exhibits.
- 30 Monument of a soccer ball on the Walk of Fame (Памятник футбольному мячу), Sports Garden Shevchenko (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei (Історичний музей) station - East of ZOO). On the pedestal of black granite on the initiative of the Kharkiv FC Metalist a monument soccer ball.
- 31 Monument of Kotsiubins'kyi (Памятник Коцюбинскому), Mar'yanenko Ln (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei - Str. Pushkinska ~28). It is a polished black granite of a bronze bust of the famous Ukrainian writer Michael Kotsubynsky. Inaugurated in 1929 at the trade union garden (now Shevchenko Garden). T Later, the monument would be moved to park at the corner of Pushkin and Chernyshevsky streets. In 1957 at the same place opened a new monument to Mikhail Kotsiubynsky.
- 32 Commissariat store Monument Building (Провиантский магазин), Mar'yanenko ln., 4 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei). This two-story stone building, built in the years 1785-1787 by the architect P. Yaroslavsky in classic style
- 33 Freedom Square (Ukrainian: Площа Свободи, Plóshcha Svobodý; Russian: Площадь Свободы, Plóshchad' Svobódy), Freedom Square (Derzhprom( Держпром) station). It is the 6-th largest city-centre square in Europe. Originally named (1926–1996) Dzerzhinsky Square after Felix Dzerzhinsky, the founder of the Bolshevik secret police (the Cheka, precursor to the KGB). Since 1991 it has been named Freedom Square. During the brief German occupation: in 1942 named as German Army, and in 1943 - Leibstandard SS Square. The square used to be bordered to the west by the statue of Lenin, but it was removed in September 2014; to the east by Sumska street; to the north by the hotel Kharkiv; and to the south by Shevchenko park. It is approximately 720 metres long and 105 metres wide. An interesting landmark of the square is the Derzhprom building, one of the prime examples of Constructivist architecture. The Queen + Paul Rodgers kicked off their Rock the Cosmos Tour at Freedom Square on September 12, 2008 and gathered an audience of 350,000.
- 34 House of State industry (Gosprom) (Дом Государственной промышленности (Госпром)), Svobody sq., 4 (M2 Derzhprom( Держпром) station). About the Gosprom complex, F. Dzerzhinskogo was the idea, becoming the kernel of new administrative center of Kharkov, the capital of Ukraine. It was the first height reinforce-concrete building in the USSR. The real-estate of apartments makes 6 ha. Building is planned by Leningrad architects in fashionable and front-rank then style of constructivism. Building was complete in record terms - for 3 years. In 1934 the Advice of Folk Commissars of Ukraine took place here. In 1955 got the first in the USSR televisional tower in 45 m high. Now regional authorities, offices of great number of firms, take place in building. At No.5 entrance is a museum of about Gosprom.
- 35 Memorial of soldiers killed in the Donbas War, 4 Svobody sq. (M2 Derzhprom( Держпром) station). There used to be a large statue of Lenin here, but in September 2014, it was toppled by protesters given its significance as a symbol of Soviet occupation. Because of Ukrainian decommunization laws it will not be rebuilt and there are plans for a new alternative centre monument. In its place there is currently a memorial to soldiers from Kharkiv killed in action in the Donbas War.
- Kharkiv Underways. Existed under the City of Kharkiv still more than 355 years ago. Some source said the underpasses age going back to the pre-Mongolian period, 10th–12th centuries. Which means theseare actually of the same age with the Kievan Rus. In 1913–1914 a special commission of the City Council officially studied the underpasses found during the construction of the city sewage system. The teodolite survey and photographs of the underground cavities were made. The Commission studied all the underpasses,the existence of which was known then: both those just found and those which had already been used for a long time by enterprising merchants for storing various goods: textiles,wines and food. They explored underground galleries, rooms, passes and made up a preliminary description of what they saw. - The NKVD-KGB secret police carefully recorded and placed on the secret list all the documents on the underpasses, especially after 1956 when a secret order on the underground caves, passes, shelters, etc. was issued, as the Soviet Union started to prepare bombshelters in case of the nuclear war. Now some of these records kept at the Korolenko Scientific Library. In 1990's it became an object of the study by Kharkiv Speleological Club “Variant-95”. Finally in 2005 on the title 'The Mysteries of the Underground Kharkiv' was published, which provided all the information available at that time. Maybe very soon, not only the researchers and scientists, but all numerous tourists and the Kharkovites themselves will have a chance to experience the mystery of the underpasses.
- 36 Kharkiv State Academy of Arts and Design (Харьковская государственная академия дизайна и искусств), Krasnoznamennaya str.(Червонопрапорна вул), 8 (M3: Architectora Beketova), ☎ . - The building was constructed for the School of Art in 1913. Made by architect Konstantin Zhukov in the style of Ukrainian modernism, with motifs of folk architecture: pictorial forms of tile roofs. The main entrance in the form of a massive covered porch, colorful majolica panels that adorn the facade.
- 37 Pitre Villa (Доходный дом Питры), Chernyshevskogo str., 66/21 (M2: Pushkinska). - built in 1914. An apartment house with spire decorated angle bay window & tall decorative curling roofs - vivid details of an romantic version of Art Nouveau.
- 38 Piskunov Apartment house (Доходный дом), Pushkinskaya str., 92/1 (M2: Pushkinska). Just outside. At the corner of Pushkin and Lermontov is one of the most interesting buildings in Kharkov in the Art Nouveau style, built in 1913.
- 39 House with chimeras (Дом с химерами), Chernyshevskogo str., 79 (M2: Pushkinska). This is an architectural monument in Kharkiv in modern style with elements of English Gothic. Since 1980, this building was assigned to the theater faculty of the Institute of Arts Kotlyarevskogo. A few years restoring the building, students took active part in that. Sculptural elements of the building, except knight emblems, chimeras, salamanders, and wolves.
- 40 Zalopan fire station (Залопанська пожежна частина), Vul. Poltavskyi Shlyakh; (вул.Полтавський шлях), 50; Vul. Malinovskogo (вул.Маліновського), 1 (M «Южный вокзал» 200m). 170 years old.
- 41 T.G.Shevchenko Drama Theatre (драматичний театр ім.Т.Г.Шевченка), Vul. Sums'ka, (вул.Сумська) 9 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei). Built more 170 years ago, rebuilt in 1893.
- 42 A 'Mark V' type British tank, "Ricardo" (Aнглійський танк Mark V "Рікардо"), Konstytutsii sq.(пл.Конституції). - A local favourite, from WW1. A donation from British government to the "whites", to the Tsarist force in the Russian Revolution.
- 43 Kharkiv Zoo (Зоопарк), Sums'ka 35 (Metro station Universytet), ☎ . 08:00-20:00. Kharkiv Zoo is one of the biggest and most famous in Ukraine. It’s located in the very centre of the city in Shevchenko Park. This zoo occupies a large area of 22 hectares. Adults - 30UAH, children 5-13 - 10UAH, children younger than 5 - free.
- 44 Children's railway (Детская железная дорога), Park Gorkogo (Сумська вулиця), ~81 (Trams 13 and 22, trolleybuses 2 and 40 to stop Detskaya zheleznaya doroga). Works from May, 1 till October, 31. Length of the road - 3km.
- 45 V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University (Харківський національний університет ім.В.Н.Каразіна), Universytetska st. 14 (вул.Університетська) (M Maidan Konstytutsii). The Complex parts is: the governors house, 1767-76, classicism style; the University church with new building (1823-31); the Building of chemistry department (1777) ; the Building of physics department (1777) ; The main gate, 1820-23; the University botanical garden founded 1804.
- 46 Provincial warehouse, Chernyshevs'kogo (вул.Чернишевського), 1 (M 'Beketova'). From the 1780's.
- 47 Manor House (Cадибний будинок), Chernyshevs'kogo (Чернишевського вул), 14 (M 'Beketova'). 1810's
- Mansion (Cадибний будинок), Dmytrivska, (вул.Дмитрівська) 14 (Tram 3, 5, 6 'Dmytriivska St'). Built about in 1800
- 48 Executive Committee of the City State administration (Kharkiv city council, Міськвиконком), Konstitutsii sq. (площа Конституції), 7 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii), ☎ .
- 1st high school for boys (1-а чоловіча гімназія), Prosp. Moskovskyi (пр.Московський), 24. Built in 1820's.
- 4th Blok gallery (Музей-галерея 4-й Блок), Svetlaya str., 1 (M2: Studentska ( Студентська), the nearest station, 2km away), ☎ . Such a museum in Ukraine was to appear much earlier, and probably somewhere close to Chernobyl. - It is an exhibit about the liquidators of the Chernobyl accident. Here hold the first international exhibition whoose the title is "4th Block". The event (it was sent to the designers of the 21 countries of the world) was so successful that the artists decided to hold a similar exhibition in Kharkov every three years.
- Radmir Expohall Exhibition center (Презентаційно-виставковий центр Радмир Експохол), Pavlova Akademika str., 271, ☎ , .
- 49 Sviatohirs'k (Saint or Holy Mountain, Святогірськ) (about 165km SE). village. There is a beautiful monastery complex, the Sviato-Uspens'ka Lavra, Cave Monastery, on the river Seversky Donets south bank, built in 1526. Superb environments, touristic place which means you'll find lots of accommodations. One of the most hidden gem of the all country.
- 50 Sharivka (смт.Шарівка) (Bogodukhiv district, 70km West). Palace and park complex. Same part of it: the palace main building, (1800's-1911), gothic and renaissance style, the guard and the gardeners house, (1910) in french renaissance; the house of estate manager, (1910) ; forestry officers house, 1910; the landscape park, (1850's), proudness of the earlier is the 500-years-old oak, 1520's; a fountain, front staircase and terraces, a small bridge, (19th century), the outer iron gate, the greenhouse, the pheasantry, the coach-house, a garden pavilion
- 51 Gyivka (West 20km.). - Visit the country estate of duke Svyatopolk-Myrskyi, built in 1815-1870, neo-gothic, romanticism. It is valid a small detour if you are in neighbourhood. Also there is the 170 years old, St.Nicolas church,
- Shevchenko City garden (Городской сад им. Т.Г.Шевченко), Sumskaya str., 35 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei), ☎ . Garden Shevchenko joins one of the oldest streets in the city with the largest area in Europe. More than 200 years ago this area was the outskirts of Kharkov. The garden was laid out in 1804. Here was an existing natural oak grove. On the upper terrace is a landscape park, at the bottom will find a botanical garden.
- Nemo delphinarium (Харківський міський дельфінарій Немо), Sumskaya str., 35 (In Shevchenko Garden, M2 Istorychnyi Myzei), ☎ .
- Shevchenko Drama Theatre (Український драматичний театр ім.Шевченка Т.Г), Sumskaya str., 9, ☎ . Created in 1934. In 1947 the theater was awarded the status of "academic"
- Arabeski Theater (Театр-студия "Арабески"), Frunze str., 6, ☎ .
- DADA Theater (Театр "ДАДА"), Frunze str., ☎ .
- Nova stsena Theater (Театр "Нова сцена"), Krasina str., 3, ☎ , .
- Jewish Theatre (Камерний єврейський театр), Skripnika str., 9 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova), ☎ .
- Zhuravlovskyi hydropark Beach (Пляж Журавлевский гидропарк) (W 1.5km Tram 16, 26 to Sosnovyi Bor stop).
- Karavan Megastore Shopping centre, Entertaining complex (Торгово-розважальний центр Караван), Geroev Truda str., 7 (M2: Heroiv Pratsi (Героїв Праці) station), ☎ , .
- Pari-Komik Theater (Театр Пари-Комик), Petrovskogo str., 32 (M2: Pushkinska (Пушкінська) station), ☎ .
- Venskii Dom Entertaining complex (Развлекательный центр Венский Дом), Lermontovskaya str., 8 (M2: Puskinska), ☎ .
- Marine Club (SPA-комплекс Marine Club), Lermontovskaya str., 7 (M2: Puskinska), ☎ , . Spa. Swimming pool. Fitness.
- [dead link]Kharkov Opera and Ballet Theatre, 24 Sumskaya St (M2: Universitet), ☎ .
- Maxim Gorky Central Park (Парк культури і відпочинку «Максим Горький»), Bordered by Vesnina, Sumy, Dynamo and Novgorod streets (tram 12 to Park Horkogo stop). Over 130 hectares of land. Opened in 1907. Now it is one of the main recreation hubs of the city. Here are held mass celebrations and festivities. There is an amusement park, the "Park" movie theatre, a children's railway, cable railway, tennis courts and others.
- Pioner Swimming pool (Басейн Піонер), Dinamovskaya str., 5A (Near to the Gorky Park), ☎ .
- Zirka Swimming pool (Спорткомплекс Зірка), Dinamovskaya str., 3A (Near to the Gorky Park, take tram 12), ☎ .
- Philharmonic hall (Филармония), Rymarskaya str., 21 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei (Історичний музей) station), ☎ .
- Afanas'yev puppet theater (Обласний театр ляльок ім В. Афанасьєва), Konstitutsii sq., 24 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii (Майдан Конституції) station), ☎ .
Holidays and festivals
- New Year’s Eve (December 31–January 1). Locals go out to dancing in Svobody Square, fire squibs and launch fire works. Christmas Trees are installed in many neighbourhoods of the city, but the one in Svobody Square is certainly the most beautiful and impressive.
- Shrovetide or Carnival (it is an ancient Slavic holiday of seeing the winter off). This holiday usually occurs in late February — early March. This is the time for openair merrymaking in the Gorky Park, Shevchenko Gardens and in Svobody Square.
- End of March, Kharkiv held the Za Jazz Fest what is a jazz festival on a variety of locations. At that time showing performances of world-famous musicians and young rising stars from many countries.
- May 1, the International Workers’ Day. Locals spend these spring days out of town,having picnics with family and friends.
- Victory Day, May 9, an openair exhibition of the WW II military equipment takes place. A solemn procession of veterans marches down Sumska Street to the Memorial of Glory in Lissopark (Woodland Park).
- In mid July, there is the Pechenizke Pole (The Pecheneg Field) Ethnic Festival on the bank of Pecheneg Lake.
- In Kharkiv City birthday on August 23 are especially festive and jolly. On this day, sports competitions and concerts are in Svobody Square, Konstytutsii Square and in the city gardens and parks.
- The Independence Day is on August 24. This is the day for ceremonial laying of flowers to the Monuments of Independence of Ukraine, and finished with amazingly beautiful fireworks over Svobody Square.
- In September take a big sci-fi festival, called Zirkovy mist (Star Bridge) caming here fans of this genre from many countries of the world.
- The Kharkiv Assemblies International Music Festival organised in September. Peoples can enjoy musical masterpieces of the past.
- Several weeks before the New Year is one of the most favorite holiday is the Christmas. The city is decorated with festive street lights, and the major Christmas Tree of the city is put on Svobody Square.
- Melodiia Shopping centre (Торговий центр "Мелодія"), Rozy Liuksemburg sq., 10 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii), ☎ .
- Korona Shopping centre (Торговий центр "Корона"), Rozy Liuksemburg sq., 5 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii), ☎ .
- TsUM Shopping centre (Торговий центр "ЦУМ"), Rozy Liuksemburg sq., 1/3 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii), ☎ .
- City Centre Shopping center (Торговий центр "Сити Центр"), Rozy Liuksemburg sq. 20 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii), ☎ .
- Kids World (Dytiachyi svit) Shopping centre (Торгівельний центр "Дитячий світ"), Konstitutsii sq., 9 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii (Майдан Конституції) station), ☎ .
- Knizhnaia balka market (Рынок Книжная балка), Kravtsova (Кравцова пер.) (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei (Історичний музей) station).
- Komil'fo Shopping centre (Торговий центр Комільфо), Sumskaya str., 13, (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei (Історичний музей) station), ☎ .
- Sana Shopping centre (Торгово-офісний центр "САНА"), Pushkinskaya str., 43 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova), ☎ .
- Lira Business centre (БЦ Лира), Chernyshevskogo str., 13 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova), ☎ .
- Platinum Plaza Shopping centre (Торгово-офісний центр Платінум Плаза), Sumskaya str., 72 (Universytet (Університет) station), ☎ , .
- Stekliashka Shopping centre (Торговий центр Стекляшка), Sumskaya str., 41 (Universytet (Університет) station), ☎ .
- Klochkovskyy Shopping centre (Торгівельний центр Клочківській), Klochkovskaya str 104A (M: Derzhprom( Держпром) station), ☎ .
- Don Mare Supermarket (Рибний супермаркет Дон Маре), Klochkovskaya str., 134B, 1 st Floor (M: Derzhprom( Держпром) station), ☎ . Chilled fish, frozen fish, caviar, shrimp, squid and mussels in great variety.
- Moskovs'kyi Shopping centre (Універмаг Московський), Traktorostroitelei ave., 156/41 (M2: Heroiv Pratsi (Героїв Праці) is a station), ☎ .
- ATB Grocery (Супермаркет АТБ), Geroev Truda str., 6 (M: Geroev Pratsi).
- Joker Shopping centre (Торгівельний центр "Джокер"), Geroev Truda str., 14 (M: Geroev Pratsi).
- [dead link]Target Shopping centre (Торговий центр Shop Target), avlova Akademika str., 120, (M2: Akademika Pavlova ( Академіка Павлова) station), ☎ , . There is also a pharmacy
- Barabashovo Market (Рынок Барабашово), Vul. Amurska (Амурська вул.) (M2: Akademika Barabashova ( Академіка Барабашова) station).
- Digma Supermarket (Супермаркет Дигма), Pavlova Akademika str., 305/307 (M2: Studentska ( Студентська) station), ☎ .
- Rost Grocery (Супермаркет "Рост"), Shevchenko str., 142A (M2: Kievka station), ☎ .
- Kievskiy Market (Рынок "Киевский), Shevchenko str., 142 (M2: Kievka station).
- '74' Shopping centre (Торговий центр 74), Pushkinskaya str., 74 (M2: Pushkinska station), ☎ .
- Brusnichka Grocery (Фрешмаркет "Брусничка"), Artema str., 42 (M2: Pushkinska station).
- Karavan Megastore, УЛ. ГЕРОЕВ ТРУДА, 7 (metro Geroev Truda), ☎ . 10:00-22:00.
- ATB supermarket (Супермаркет "АТБ"), Pobedy ave, 61 (M3: Oleksiivska ( Олексіївська) station, North , next to Oleksiivs'kyi Shopping centre).
- Atrium Shopping centre (Торгівельний центр Атріум), Sumskaya, 102 (Tram 12), ☎ .
- Oleksiivs'kyi Shopping centre (Торговий центр "Алексеевский"), Pobedy ave., 62 (M3: Oleksiivska ( Олексіївська) station), ☎ .
- Olekseevskiy Market (Рынок "Алексеевский"), Aksharova (Ахсарова вул) (M3: Oleksiivska).
- Klass Shopping centre (Торговий центр "Класс"), Liudvika Svobody ave., 43 (M3: Oleksiivska ( Олексіївська) station), ☎ .
- Na Pavlovomu Poli Shopping centre (Торговий дім "На Павловом Поле"), Nauky ave., 41 (M3: 23 Serpina ( 23 Серпня) station, Next to Church of the Nativity of Christ and of the St. Sergius), ☎ .
- Express Shopping centre (Торгово-розважальний центр EXPRESS), Nauky ave., 43 (M3: 23 Serpina ( 23 Серпня) station), ☎ . An entertaining complex
- Prizma Shopping centre (Торговий центр PRISMA), Nauky ave., 7V (M3: Naukova (Наукова)), ☎ .
- [dead link]Dvizhenie Shopping centre (Торговий центр Движение), Otakara Yarosha str., 18D (M3: Botanichnyi Sad), ☎ .
- Spar Supermarket (Супермаркет Spar), Gonchara Olesya str., 2 (Tram 12 to Gorky Park), ☎ .
- Ice World (Sladkiy mir) Confectionery Cafe (Кафе-кондитерская "Сладкий мир"), Kooperativnaya str., 6, ☎ .
- 1 Familia, 14-A Skrypnika (In the heart of old Kharkiv), ☎ , toll-free: , e-mail: email@example.com. 11:00-23:00. The menu is a unique take on French, Italian and Ukrainian cuisine, complemented by the restaurant’s wine list. The restaurant touts its fresh and high-quality ingredients and good service.
- Adriano (Адриано), Petrovskogo st., 35-А (metro Pushkinskaya), ☎ . 11:00-23:00. Not bad pizza chain, the cozy atmosphere is guaranteed, but there are 2 more cafes on prospekt Traktorostroiteley, 59/56 and on Pushkinskaya st. 79/1. Budget.
- Buhara, г. Харьков, ул. Пушкинская, 32 (metro Architektora Beketova), ☎ . 12-00. $30-100.
- Fortuna, Kultury str. 6 entrance from Trinklera str, ☎ . You will be surprised by the interior (very soviet "Stolovka" style!) But the food is really really great and cheap. Traditional Ukrainian cuisine. You should try soups: borsch, solyanka, okroshka (cold soup), pelmeni, fried eggs with salo.
- Dom Khleba (Bread House) Confectionery (Кафе-кондитерская "Дом Хлеба"), Liudvika Svobody ave., 35 (M3: Oleksiivska station), ☎ .
- Biskvit Confectionery (Кафе-кондитерская Бисквит), Danilevskogo str., 10 (Derzhprom( Держпром) station), ☎ .
- Paris, Petrovskogo st. 30/32. A great place for people who like desserts, to go on a date or just want to relax in a cozy atmosphere to enjoy fondue. It is amazingly popular; sometimes it is not easy to find a seat there. They have just opened their own theatre where French films or performances takes place every evening.
- 2 Puzata Khata (Пузата хата), Sums'ka st. 2, ☎ . 08:00-23:00. It is very popular with locals for low prices and quick service. The food here is usually great and cheap, mostly traditional Ukrainian dishes. Being a huge place it is always quite busy. You will be completely full for $6 per person there.
- Zhili-byli Fast Food restaurant (Ресторан Жили-были), Sumskaya str., 37/1 (Universytet (Університет) station), ☎ .
Buy beer from a kiosk and sit and drink in Schevchenko Park. It's what everybody does. Be aware that now if you drink beer in the Park you have the possibility to be fined by local police.
- Coffee life (Кав'ярня "Coffee life), Konstitutsii sq., 3 (M1: Maidan Konstytutsii), ☎ . 08:00-23:00?. Wi-Fi
- Coffee life, Pushkinskaya 43, ☎ . 08:00-23:00. Named as the first Starbucks in Kharkiv, this place is open from 8 o'clock in the morning what is quite unusual in Ukraine and offers free WiFi. It is extremely popular with Kharkiv expats, a nice place to visit, have a drink and browse the net.
- Gelios Cafe (Центр відпочинку Gelios), Akhsarova str., 9A (M3: Oleksiivska ( Олексіївська) station, next to Alekseevskiy Market), ☎ , . Bar, Restaurant, tavern
- Pintagon Cafe (Арт-клуб "Pintagon), Danilevskogo str., 26 (Derzhprom( Держпром) station), ☎ . It is a cafe bar with Wi-Fi
- 1 Restaurant-(Czech) brewery chain, "Stargorod", Lermontova str. 7, ☎ . 24/7.
- 2 Big Ben Pub, Nauky ave. 48 (Botanichnyi Sad subway station), ☎ . 11:00-22:00.
- 3 The Irish Pub Patrick, Universitetskaya str.(ул. Университетская) 2 (M: Istoricheskiy Muzey), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00 to 23:00. Other unit at Ul. Sumskaya, 37-Б
- 4 [dead link]Pub Munchausen bowling centre, Geroev Praci str. 7, ☎ . 11:00 to 03:00.
- 5 Brasserie Bier Gasse, Geroev Praci str. 9 (Shopping Center Duffy, 3rd Floor), ☎ . 11:00-23:00.
- 6 Restaurant-brewery Shato Slavutych, Svobody square, 7 (M: Universitet station), ☎ . 24h.
There are plenty of hotels in Kharkov, but the quality of them is very often far from what westerners expect. Most of hotels are not in the online reservation systems which makes it difficult to find them.
- 4 komnaty Mini Hotel (Мини-гостиница 4 комнаты), Mayakovskogo str., 5, ;a (Tram 12, next to Central Library), ☎ , . Sgl 62$, dbl 74$ and up.
- Aurora Hotel (Аврора), Artema Street 10/12, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. is situated in the center of the city and offers 28 modern rooms, free Wi-Fi and a nice-looking restaurant. The transportation options are metro or car.
- Berloga Restaurant and Motel, Mala Danilovka suburb, Koltsevoi puti, 5 (пгт. Мала Даниловка, Кольцевой путь, 5) (N-NW 15km from centre), ☎ . One of the best out-of-town bathhouses.
- Chichikov Hotel (Готель Чичиков), Gogolya Street 6/8 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Just a year older than Aurora hotel and also located in the centre. The rooms correspond to western standards though they are quite small. Wi-Fi.
- City Club Hotel (Сити Клуб), Gagarina Ave. 145, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Only 10 minutes from downtown and within a walking distance of the Metalist Stadium.
- [dead link]Club - Hotel Arkada, Sovhoznaya st. 3, (Near to Alekseevsky Park), ☎ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. 17 rooms 75-150$.
- Cosmopolit Hotel (Готель Cosmopolit), Proskury Akademika str., 1 (tram 12 to Lisopark terminus), ☎ . Cafe, bar, Wi-Fi
- Druzhba Intour Business Centre, 185, Gagarina Av., ☎ , .
- Hostinyy Dvor hotel (Готель "Гостиный Двор"), Rymarskaya str., 28 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei station), ☎ .
- [dead link]Hotel 19 (Гостиница 19), Sumskaya str., 19 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei station), ☎ .
- 1 House Hotel (Отель "Гостиный Дом"), Moskovsky Ave, 56 (M2 Plochad Vosstaniya station), ☎ , toll-free: , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheap but comfortable hotel. 15 beautiful inexpensive rooms and a homely atmosphere. In the rooms: free Wi-Fi, new furniture, modern interior. Cozy quiet patio and free parking. 3 minutes' drive from the center of town. 15€.
- Kievska Hotel, 4, Kultury St, ☎ .
- Kharkov Hotel (Готель Харьков), Svobody sq., 7 (Derzhprom( Держпром) station or University (Университет) metro station), ☎ . Located in downtown right. The hotel is quite old so it is best to be sure that you will get a nice room. Prices of the rooms are too high for the look and service you get.
- La Fuente Hotel (Міні-готель La fuente), Gvardeitsev-shironintsev str., 91, ☎ .
- Mir Hotel (Готель Мир), Nauky ave., 27A, (M3: Botanichnyi Sad), ☎ , , e-mail: email@example.com.
- [dead link]Natsional'Hotel (Готель Національ/Гостиница Националь), Nauky ave.,(пр.Науки) 21 (M3: Botanichnyi Sad), ☎ , . Check-out: From 32$.
- [dead link]Nasha Dacha Hotel (Загородная усадьба Наша Дача), Batumskaya str., 4, 4A (NE 5km, tram 12 to Lisopark terminus), ☎ . Check-in: 14.00, check-out: 12.00. 110-190$.
- Park Hotel (Готель "Park"), Shevchenko str., 79 (M: Pushkinska station), ☎ , .
- Slavianka (Rent company), Sumskaya, 13 (metro Sovietskaya), ☎ . Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. We have a lot of apartment from budget to luxurious in the very centre. $35-300.
- Smart Hotel (Готель Smart Hotel), Traktorostroitelei ave., 79/42, 1st fl. (M2: Akademika Pavlova ( Академіка Павлова) station), ☎ , .
- [dead link]Temp Motel (Лыжная база Темп), Batumskaya str. (ул. Батумская,), 16 (Next to Nasha Dacha Hotel), ☎ , , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 50 rooms: apartments, luxury, deluxe, business, superior, standard and economy 10-170$/night.
- Teremok Hotel, Belgorodske Shosse, village of Lisne, 21, International St, ☎ .
- ZS CLUB Hotel, 10, Lissoparkovy Ln (tram 12 to Lisopark terminus), ☎ .
- Viktoria Hotel. 10 minutes drive from downtown and offers nicely done, modern, well-equipped hotel rooms, free Wi-Fi and a spa-center. Travel options are tram and car.
- Mirax Boutique Hotel (Миракс), Moskovskiy prospekt 86a, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. 4-star hotel offers 10 rooms, free Wi-Fi and a nice-looking restaurant.
- Rodovid BANK, Sq. Konstitutsii, 2/2 (M1:), ☎ .
- OTP Bank, Pokrovs'kyi office (ОТП Банк, Покровське відділення), Kvitki-Osnov'yanenko str., 11, ☎ .
- First Ukrainian International Bank (Перший Український Міжнародний Банк), Sumskaya str., 68 (Universytet (Університет) station), ☎ .
- SEB Bank (СЕБ Банк), Petrovskogo str., 6-8 (Universytet (Університет) station), ☎ .
- Mercury Bank (Банк "Меркурій", відділення 5), Svobody sq., 5 (Derzhprom( Держпром) station), ☎ .
- Bank Forum (Банк Форум), Pavlova Akademika str., 321/20 (M: Heroiv Pratsi (Героїв Праці) station), ☎ .
- Pravex-Bank, Staromoskovs'ke office (ПРАВЕКС-БАНК, Старомосковське), Geroev Truda str., 26 (M: Heroiv Pratsi (Героїв Праці) station), ☎ .
- PrivatBank, office 51 (ПриватБанк, відділення 51), Pavlova Akademika, 309 (Studentska ( Студентська) is a station), ☎ , . Also here is an ATM
- Consulate General of Russia (Генеральне консульство Росії), Ol'minskogo str., 22 (M2: Pushkinska a station), ☎ .
- Kharkiv Regional Universal Scientific Library (Харківська обласна універсальна наукова бібліотека), Kooperativnaya str., 13 (M1 Maidan Konstytutsii), ☎ .
- Korolenko Scientific Library (Харківська державна наукова бібліотека ім. В.Г. Короленка), Korolenko ln., 18/8 (M1 Maidan Konstytutsii (Майдан Конституції) station), ☎ .
- Ostrovsky Central Children's Library (Центральна дитяча бібліотека ім. М. Островського, ЦБС ім. В.В. Маяковського), Chernyshevskogo str., 15 (M: Arkhitektora Beketova), ☎ .
- Central Scientific Library, the Library of University V.N. Karazin (Центральна наукова бібліотека, Бібліотека ХНУ ім. В.Н. Каразіна), Svobody sq., 4 (M: Derzhprom( Держпром) station), ☎ .
- Vladimir Mayakovsky Central Library (Центральна бібліотека ім. В.В. Маяковського Київського району), Kiev district, Mironositskaya str., 81/85 (Tram 12 to Vesnina street stop), ☎ . Need a registration Free.
- No.2 post-office (2 поштове відділення), Chernyshevskogo str., 28/11 (M2: Arkhitektora Beketova), ☎ .
- No.3 post-office (3 поштове відділення), Gamarnika st, 15A.
- No.13 post-office (13 поштове відділення), Shevchenko str., 165 (M2: Kievska), ☎ .
- No.24 post-office (24 поштове відділення), Pushkinskaya str., 96-98 (M2: Pushkinska), ☎ .
- No.23 post-office (23 поштове відділення), Sumskaya str., 126 (Tram 12 to Gorky Park), ☎ .
- No.57 post-office (57 поштове відділення), Skripnika str., 6/13, Hoholia str., 13 (M2 Istorychnyi Myzei station), ☎ .
- No.146 post-office (146 поштове відділення), Bliukhera str., 21 (M2: Studentska ( Студентська) station), ☎ .