The city should not be confused with the nearby Egg Harbor Township also in the same county.
From Philadelphia: Atlantic City Expressway to the Egg Harbor Exit (17). Left onto Route 50.
From North Jersey: Garden State Parkway South to Exit 44.Sharp right onto Moss Mill Road (Alt. #561), follow five miles to red light. Turn left onto Philadelphia ave.
From Atlantic City: Route 30 West approx. 16 miles.
From South Jersey: Garden State Parkway North - Exit at food and fuel service area, mile marker #41. Proceed to north end of service area. Follow signs to Jimmy Leeds Rd. At traffic light turn left, at fork bear right and continue on Route 561, continue five miles to red light. Turn left onto Philadelphia ave.
New Jersey Transit bus #554 stops in Egg Harbor City.
The size of the town is such that walking is a good option. I would suggest that you get a copy of the Walking Tour of Egg Harbor City map at George Senn Co., Inc 212 Phila. Ave. EHC (609-965-0149), rent a bike at Egg Harbor True Value 208 Phila. Ave. EHC (609-965-0815) Call first to reserve one. If it is raining, rent an umbrella at Falciano’s Florist & Gifts, 144 Phila. Ave. EHC (609-965-8200)
- Bike ride.It is 23 miles round trip from Egg Harbor City to Batsto Village Batsto Village in Warton State Forest. Park your car at the corner of Darmstadt Ave. and Rt. 561. Ride North on Darmstadt Ave. to Indian Cabin Road. Take Indian Cabin Road to Rt. 643. Go left on Rt. 643. Turn right on Rt. 542. The traffic along 542 is a little heavier but there is a marked bike path along the road. Batsto Village will be on the left. The route is paved, level and almost no traffic. The ride is back roads all the way. MAP  If you take a right at the end of Indian Cabin road (where it meets Rt 643), just down the road there is a great place to eat. It is Sweetwater Country Cupboard, 609-567-2595. They serve breakfast and lunch.
- The Roundhouse Museum, London Av. (609)-965-4677, . W 1PM-5PM, Sa from 1PM-4PM. Contains memorabilia and items historically significant to Egg Harbor City. Permanent displays include Liberty Glass, C.P. Leek & Sons boats, Dr. Smith's Health Spa, and items from the clothing and wine industries. Rotating displays have included local connections to the Civil War, County Fairs, rail-roads, "Grandma's Kitchen", "Grand pop’s Tools", fire and police departments and the U.S. Postal Service. The museum also holds city census records, old city tax records dating from 1862, and the beginning of local genealogies available for study. To visit the museum enter Egg Harbor City on the White Horse Pike (US-30), proceed to Philadelphia Ave. and go north four (4) blocks to Campe Street. Turn left onto Campe and go 2 blocks to the baseball fields on London Ave. Turn right and proceed to the museum on the left beyond the fields. Admission is FREE!
- Renault Winery, 72 Bremen Avenue, ☎ . Renault Winery is located just outside of Egg Harbor City and offers an enchanting European atmosphere in an intimate dining setting and tasting tours. See the Antique Glass Museum which houses a priceless champagne & wine glass collection dating back to medieval times.
- Butterhofs Shady Brook Farm. Route 30. Has a road side farm market that still offers family-friendly service. In crop year 2000, Butterhofs Shady Brook Farm decided it was time for local youth to have an opportunity to visit a traditional farm and gain hands-on experience at all levels of running a family farm operation. A wealth of historical perspective can be relayed to students, since the Butterhof's are a fourth-generation farm family. In operation since 1854, Butterhof's Farm is located in the nation's first National Reserve, the Pinelands, which encompasses almost 1.1 million acres. Students have the opportunity to take a hayride through 60 acres of cropland, where they see and learn what it takes to grow and harvest fruits vegetables and field crops. Students can participate in the seasonal pick-your-own programs, where they learn the agronomic practices necessary to produce strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, flowers and pumpkins. Finally, students can test their skills as they traverse through a three-acre corn maze and participate in an agricultural scavenger hunt. At the end of the session, students, teachers and chaperones can use the on-site picnic facilities.
- Moravian Church of Egg Harbor City. Est. 1859. This is the first organized congregation in Egg Harbor City. Worship services in the German language continued until 1924. The church building was built in 1860, refurbished in 1928. Leaded glass star hangs between white church pillars.
Historical Society Gifts on Sale - Sesquicentennial Celebration Tapes and DVDs, Souvenir Books and Cookbooks. Purchase at Roundhouse Museum, Wed. and Sat., 1-4PM
Rent Canoes, Kayaks, and Tubes at Bel Haven Canoes, Kayaks, and Tubes 1227 Route 542 Green Bank, NJ 08215 +1 609-965-2205, +1-800-445-0953 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Almost Heaven,  215 Philadelphia Ave., Egg Harbor City, is must see. It is the cutest Gift Shop with a great garden out back.
- Star Camera Company Hand made large format wood cameras, wet plate and Daguerreian Era Cameras. All cameras and equipment are custom made by R.R. Morgenweck Ambrotypist.
- Blended Eras Antiques & Collectibles. 4133 White Horse Pike, Elwood. Antiques and Collectibles of All Types
- Captain Howards This is the place to get all your fishing equipment.
Harbor Diner, 613 White Horse Pike. +1 609-965-0797.$ Traditional NJ Diner
Billy's Oak Grove Inn +1 609-965-2374. $$ A small pub with great food, it has been in the same family since 1945.
Lower Bank Tavern, 1509 Route 542. +1 609-965-6936.$$
Joseph’s at the Tuscany House Hotel, Bremen Ave. +1 609-965-2111.$$
- Engine 15 Pub, 236 Philadelphia Ave, ☎ . 11AM. From burgers to steaks and everything in between. 11:00.
- Engine 15 Pub, 236 Philadelphia Ave, ☎ . Everything from hamburgers to steaks and all in between. Home cooked fresh food at great prices.
- The City Lake.
- Holly Acres R.V., 218 South Frankfurt Avenue, ☎ . Park offers a peaceful camping experience, while still being close to area attractions, such as the casinos, beaches, and shopping.
Tuscany House Hotel, Bremen Ave. +1 609-965-2111, .
|Routes through Egg Harbor City|
|Philadelphia ← Hammonton ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Atlantic City → END|
|Philadelphia ← Hammonton ←||NW SE||→ Atlantic City → END|