Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ehime was formerly known as Iyo (伊予).
- Ehime Prefectural Information Center (EPIC) (愛媛県国際交流センター), 1-1 Dogo Ichiman (Iyotetsu tram or bus to Minamimachi/Kenminbunka Kaikan Mae), ☎ . M-Sa 8:30AM-5PM. Internet access, study rooms, and bike rentals. It's behind the Ehime Prefectural Cultural Hall.
- 1 Matsuyama - the prefectural capital, with Dogo Onsen, one of Japan's oldest and most famous hot springs
- 2 Imabari - maritime city, 3rd largest ship building company in the world (no 1 in Japan), with over than 200 hundred ship owners.
- 3 Uwajima - home to bull sumo and sex shrines
- 4 Saijo - gateway to Mount Ishizuchi
- 5 Shikokuchuo
- 6 Niihama - known as many industrial factories are located.
- 7 Ikata - beautiful mountains and ocean scenery along Japan's narrowest peninsula
- 1 Mount Ishizuchi - Japanese for Stone Hammer and Shikoku's tallest mountain
Take a bus from Matsuyama
- Bamboo Craft is a specialty of Ehime, renowned for its durability and beauty.
- Pon Juice. is a famous 100% fresh orange juice.