From Leshan Bus Station the bus ride should cost ¥8, or there is bus 601 for ¥5. The journey takes around an hour.
From Chengdu there are frequent bus from Xinnanmen Bus Station for ¥34 (as of Mar 2018).
- 1 Emei Railway Station (峨眉站, Emei Station), Nanchen Street, Shengli Town (胜利镇南陈街) (in the southeastern part of the city's main urban area). Serves regular-speed trains. A regular-speed train from Chengdu Railway Station or Chengdu South Railway Station takes around two to three hours.
- 2 Emeishan Railway Station (峨眉山站, Emeishan Station), Xiuhu Avenue (秀湖大道) (about half-way between the city's main urban area and the entrance to Emeishan National Park). Serves high-speed trains. If you arrived in Chengdu Shuangli Airport, you can take a high speed rail directly to Emeishan Railway Station ¥56, or ¥66 from Chengdu West / South Railway Station (as of Mar 2019). The train should be departing every two hours, and the journey takes around an hour.
Buses are convenient. From the long distance bus station, catch bus 1 and then bus 5 to get to Baoguo and vice versa.
- 1 Dafo Monastery (大佛禅院, Great Buddha Monastery), 274 Foguang Road South (佛光南路274号) (Bus routes 601 and Emei 8 both stop outside the main entrance), ☏ . 08:30-17:30. According to some sources, this monastery, which covers an area of around 400 mu (about 27 hectares), is the largest Buddhist monastery in China. It was built during the Ming Dynasty at a site in the city's eastern suburbs. It was best known for a 12-metre-high bronze statue of Avalokiteśvara that is said to have had a thousand hands and a thousand eyes. During the Great Leap Forward campaign (1958-1962), the statue was melted down and the original buildings were destroyed. This new version of the monastery, which opened in 2008, is in the city's south. Free.
- Emei orange. Emei orange has a long history of cultivation. Ancient people used it as a perfume substitute because of its aromatic smell in the peel. Fruit oblate or similar pear shape, single fruit weight 100-170 grams, thick skin orange yellow, rough skin, neat meat, sour taste and strong, is a kind of nutritious fruit.
- Emei bamboo shoots. Emei bamboo shoot is a famous specialty of Mount Emei. There are many varieties of it, such as fresh bamboo shoots, salted bamboo shoots and so on. The Emei bitter bamboo shoots are very big, loved by consumers, and have been sold in Chengdu and other places.
- Emei Snow (éméi xuě) - Popular local soft drink.