The Emigrants, original Swedish title Utvandrarna, is an acclaimed series of four historical novels by Vilhelm Moberg, published from 1949 to 1959.
The books marked the centennary of the Swedish emigration to North America, and have become a canonic piece of Swedish literature.
- Duvemåla, Emmaboda, Småland
- Karlshamn, Blekinge, where the Nilsson family boarded the brig Charlotta to America.
- Battery Park, New York City
- Chisago County, Minnesota
- 1 Lindstrom, Minnesota: Karl Oskar Days (Lindström, MN). Lindstrom is known as "America's Little Sweden", northeast on 35E from Minneapolis. The Karl Oskar Days are a celebration of Swedish writer Vilhelm Moberg's Emigrants series, about Swedish settlers in Minnesota.