Jump to navigation Jump to search
Emmersdorf an der Donau is in the Wachau.
Emmersdorf is a historic market town, and lies on the northern bank of the Danube River across from the city of Melk.
- 1 Informationsstelle Emmersdorf (Emmersdorf Tourist Information) (near the roundabout), ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff can advise on outings and help reserve accommodations.
- 2 DDSG Blue Danube Schiffahrt GmbH, Donaustrasse, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Operates several times daily; timetables and fares (listed at the bottom of the page) can be found here. Tickets can be purchased at any of the docking points, in Vienna, or online [dead link]. Bicycles (€2) and dogs (free) permitted on board.
- 3 Brandner, Donaustrasse, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Operates twice daily, also making a stop in Weißenkirchen. Timetables and fares can bee seen here. Tickets can be purchased online. Bicycles (€2) and dogs (free, muzzle and leash required) permitted on board.
- Nextbike, ☏ (hotline). After registration (online or by mobile), pick up a bicycle at any Nextbike location, and drop it off at the same or any other Nextbike spot. A map of pickup and drop-off points can be found here (click 'Wachau' for Emmersdorf); a brochure for the Wachau region is available for download. €1/hr, €10/day.
- 1 Heimatmuseum Kramurigwölb, Emmersdorf 31, ☏ . Appt only. The 16th-century residential building houses a small private collection which has more than 2000 hand tools dating from the 17th to 19th centuries. Curiosities include 17th-century wooden ice skates, torture instruments, and a 200-year old noodle press. On the outside of the house are marked the highwater marks from historic Danube floods, the most devastating dating from 1787 and August 2002. Donation requested.
- 2 Burgkircherl Gossam (Kapellenruine hl. Pankraz / Chapel of St. Pancras) (Gossam). Built around 1100 as part of a fortification, the church was expanded multiple times until the 15th century. Today the castle is in ruins, but the chapel is open daily and open to visitors.
- 1 Heuriger Haferkast'n (Schloss Luberegg), Luberegg 20, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. May-Sep: M-F 16:00-23:00, Sa Su and holidays 15:00-. Located in a former 18th-century castle, the Heuriger serves both cold and hot regional specialties as well as a good selection of local wines. Guests can dine in a lovely garden with impressive views of Melk on the other side of the river.
- 1 Donaucamping Emmersdorf, Emmersdorf 22, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Open May-September.
- 2 Hotel-Restaurant Donauhof, Emmersdorf 40, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 12:00-21:00, check-out: 07:00-12:00. The family-run hotel has nonsmoking rooms and an onsite restaurant. Free Wi-Fi, pets permitted on request, free public parking available. €60+ (singles), €118+ (doubles).
- 3 Hotel Pritz (Hotel-Restaurant zum Schwarzen Bären), Marktplatz 7, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 15:00-20:00, check-out: 07:00-11:00. Located in a building dating from the 16th century, the hotel has been owned by the same family since 1908, and operated as a hotel since 1980. It also has a highly-regarded onsite restaurant. Has an indoor pool and jacuzzi, non-smoking rooms. Free Wi-fi, pets permitted by request, free private parking. €125+.
- 4 Schloss Rothenhof, Hofamt 14, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00-18:30, check-out: 10:00-11:00. Holiday apartments and an established restaurant are located in this former castle. Facilities include an outdoor pool, garden, and free Wi-Fi. Pets permitted on request, free parking. €292+ (2 night minimum).