Englewood is a city in Bergen County, New Jersey. It borders on Fort Lee and Englewood Cliffs to its east, Tenafly to its north, Teaneck to its west, and Leonia to its south. Some sections of the city are quite built-up with office buildings and businesses, but it is also home to the Flat Rock Brook nature preserve (pictured below).
Englewood is quite close to Upper Manhattan. Only Fort Lee is between Englewood and the George Washington Bridge.
Take the George Washington Bridge and follow signs for Route 4 West. There are several exits in Englewood from Route 4.
By bus or jitney
Jitneys that leave from the parking slots just outside the doors of the lower level of the Port Authority George Washington Bridge Bus Station ply Route 4 through Englewood and beyond. There are also NJ Transit buses that come in from the larger Port Authority Bus Terminal on W. 41 St in Midtown Manhattan.
- BergenPAC, 30 N Van Brunt St, Englewood, NJ 07631, ☏ .
- Balthazar Bakery, 214 South Dean St (Red brick building on right (west) side of this one-way street), ☏ . Monday – Friday 7am - 6pm; Saturday 8am - 5pm; Sunday 8am - 2pm. This is the wholesale location for the bakery that bakes all the bread and pastries for Balthazar Restaurant in Soho. However, they also have a retail counter. Their products are fresh and delicious. There is no place to eat there and they don't deliver to retail customers, so all retail business is for takeout only.
- Jerry's Homemade, 410 South Dean St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mon-Sat: 8am - 7pm; Sun: 8am - 2pm. This is a fantastic gourmet food and wine store, specializing particularly in Italian products. The first eight categories in their online menu can give you some idea of the breadth of their coverage, if you keep in mind that they have multiple, high-quality choices in each category: pasta, oils & vinegar, sauces, cheese, meats & fish, sweets, tea & coffee, wines. They always have a generous number of samples out in several categories, and prices are much cheaper than at stores of comparable quality in New York City. Service is friendly and helpful, too.
- Kennedy Fried Chicken, 75 West Palisade Avenue. Fried Chicken at a good price.
- Crowne Plaza Englewood, 401 S Van Brunt Street, ☏ . Shuttle to Times Square available.
|Routes through Englewood|
|Dover ← Hackensack ←||W E||→ Fort Lee → New York City via|
|New York City ← Fort Lee ←||N S||→ Secaucus → Philadelphia|