Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fairford town originated as a river-crossing settlement on the River Coln, the ancient market town is dominated by the beautifully proportioned 'wool' church of St Mary.
Fairford is 8 miles from Cirencester and 5.5 miles from Bibury on the A417.
- 1 St Mary, St Mary's, High St, GL7 4AD, ☏ . Late Perpendicular 'wool' church with its pinnacled tower, magnificent stained medieval stained glass and a wealth of carvings in both wood and stone. The stained and painted glass in the windows ranks among the finest in England.
- 1 Royal International Air Tattoo: 17–19 July 2020, RAF Fairford. The world's largest military airshow. It's held the third weekend in July every year, and usually sees about 150,000 visitors. Military aircraft from all over the world are on display. (date needs updating)
- 1 The Bull Hotel, Market Place GL7 4AA, ☏ . Pleasant hotel in 15th C coaching inn. Med-style restaurant serves food Tu-Sa 10:00-23:00, Su M 10:00-22:00. B&B double £150.
- 2 The New Inn, Coln St Aldwyns, ☏ .
- Cirencester – historic town known for its Roman heritage
- Lechlade-on-Thames – a small town near the source of the River Thames, known for its music festival
- 7 miles from the Cotswold Water Park
- 9 miles from the Cotswold Wildlife Park.
|Routes through Fairford|
|Cirencester ← Poulton ←||W E||→ Lechlade-on-Thames → Faringdon|
|Swindon ←||W E||→ Oxford|