Jump to navigation Jump to search
Fairford town originated as a river-crossing settlement on the River Coln, the ancient market town is dominated by the beautifully proportioned 'wool' church of St Mary.
Fairford is 8 miles from Cirencester and 5.5 miles from Bibury on the A417.
- 1 St Mary, St Mary's, High St, GL7 4AD, ☏ . Late Perpendicular 'wool' church with its pinnacled tower, magnificent stained medieval stained glass and a wealth of carvings in both wood and stone. The stained and painted glass in the windows ranks among the finest in England.
- 1 Royal International Air Tattoo: 19–21 July 2019. The world's largest military airshow. (date needs updating)
- Cirencester – historic town known for its Roman heritage
- Lechlade-on-Thames – a small town near the source of the River Thames, known for its music festival
- 7 miles from the Cotswold Water Park
- 9 miles from the Cotswold Wildlife Park.
|Routes through Fairford|
|Cirencester ← Poulton ←||W E||→ Lechlade-on-Thames → Faringdon|
|Swindon ←||W E||→ Oxford|