- The Fairmont Municipal Airportis located 2 miles east of the city on County Road 26.
- Sioux Falls Regional Airport (Joe Foss Field) is about 120 miles west on I-90, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is located approximately 120 miles northeast. Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport is major airport that has flights from most major cities.
The only form of public transportation is the Martin County Express. [dead link].
- Fairmont Opera House, ☎ . 45 Downtown Plaza,
Built in 1901, located on Downtown Plaza, the Opera House has been completely restored. Listed in the National Registry of Historic Sites.
- [dead link]Red Rock Center For The Arts, 222 East Blue Earth Avenue, ☎ . The Red Rock Center For The Arts was originally the First Church of Christ Scientist which was formally organized in Fairmont on October 1, 1891. Finished in 1898, the building was designed by prominent Minnesota architect Harry W. Jones and is an excellent example of Richardson Romanesque style of architecture. The building was constructed of massive Sioux quartzite (red rock) blocks which were quarried in southwest Minnesota. The red stone was combined with contrasting buff colored limestone for a polychromatic effect. The three gables at the top of the building each showcase three small arched stained glass windows while the main level of the building features 19 restored stained glass windows. The cornerstone came from Concord, New Hampshire, and contains many artifacts of Christian Science teaching and the local church history. The Red Rock Center is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has been recognized by the Minnesota Preservation Alliance for saving and restoring this historic architectural treasure.
- Martin County Courthouse, 201 Lake Avenue, ☎ . Open to the public. Construction started in April, 1906, with the dedication held on December 16, 1907. The first story is built of Marquette raindrop sandstone from Michigan. Second and third stories are built of Buff-Bedford limestone from Indiana. The building is classical in architecture. It is fireproof throughout. The dome extends 58 feet above the roof, making it 108 feet from the ground. The courthouse is located on the site of Old Fort Fairmount, built in 1862 at the time of the Dakota (Sioux) Uprising. Listed in the National Registry
- Martin County Historical Society & Pioneer Museum, 304 East Blue Earth Avenue, ☎ .
- Heritage Acres, 827 Lake Avenue. Agriculture Interpretive Center, along the west shore of Lake Sisseton. A walk through, participatory experience of the heritage of the Midwest.
- Singing Oak Indian Legend Marker at Sylvania Park, Lake Avenue.
- Chubb House, 209 Lake Avenue. In 1866 Dr. Orville Chubb came to Martin County and built this, the oldest house in Fairmont. He is credited with founding the village of Fairmont.
- Martin County Library, 110 N. Park St, ☎ . Fairmont, MN,
- Amber Lake Park North Side of Amber Lake. Picnic Tables, Shelter House, Barbecue Grates, Playground, Flush Toilets, Fishing, Boat Access, Dock, Handicapped Accessible
- Cedar Creek Park West Side of Amber Lake. Picnic Tables, Shelter House, Flush Toilets, Nature Hiking Trails, Fishing, Dock, 36-hole Disc Golf, Biking, Hiking, Walking, and Cross-Country Skiing
- Gomsrud Park Between Budd and Hall Lake. Picnic Tables, Shelter House, Barbecue Grates, Playground, Flush Toilets, Fishing, Boat Access, Dock, Swimming Beach, Volleyball, Bath House, and is Handicapped Accessible.
- Lincoln Park East side of Lake George. Picnic Tables, Shelter House, Playground, Flush Toilets, Fishing, Boat Access, Dock, Holiday Lights, and is Handicapped Accessible. Within the park is the Livingston Log Cabin. Built by William Robert Livingston who came, with his wife, to Martin County in 1866. They settle in Silver Lake Township and named their homestead "Tall Oak." In 1953 the cabin was moved to Lincoln Park.
- Sylvania Park East Side of Lake Sisseton. Picnic Tables, Shelter House, Playground, Flush Toilet, Fishing, Dock, Handicapped Accessible, and Band Shell.
- Veterans Park East of Downtown. Picnic Tables, Playground, Tennis Courts, and Basketball Courts.
- Ward Park East Side of Lake Sisseton. Picnic Tables, Shelter House, Playground, Flush Toilets, Fishing, Boat Access, Dock, Swimming Beach, Handicapped Accessible, and Holiday Lights.
- Fairmont Archery Club, 1/2 East Blue Earth Avenue, ☎ .
- Fairmont Raceway. Martin County Fairgrounds, 1300 North Bixby Road, 507-235-6996. Every Friday night Apr.-Aug.
- I-90 Motocross, I-90 Exit #87, North on Highway 4, ☎ . Course open for practice.
- Fairmont Martins, ☎ . High School Varsity Diamonds.
- Sisseton Lake Walking/Biking Trail Begins North end of Sisseton Lake on Lake Avenue
- Boat House Sport and Tackle, 905 Lake Avenue, ☎ . Boat and Pontoon Rentals.
- Bowlmor Lanes, 617 South State Street, ☎ . Bowling.
- Fishing Pier and Boat Ramp locations
- Amber Lake - Amber Lake Park
- Budd Lake - Gomsrud Park
- Hall Lake - Gomsrud Park
- Lake George - Ida Street
- Sisseton Lake - Ward Park
- [dead link]Fox Lake Golf Club, 15 East Park Drive, ☎ . Sherburn, MN. 9 Hole Golf Course.
- Interlaken Golf Club, 227 East Amber Lake Drive, ☎ . 18 Hole Course and Driving Range.
- Rose Lake Golf Club, 2456 - 104th Street, ☎ . 18 Hole Course and Driving Range.
- Tee Box - Simulated Golf, 617 South State Street, ☎ . 2 Simulators and 6 Courses.
- Martin County Arena, 1300 North Bixby Road, ☎ , . Open ice-skating October - March, Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons.
- Fair Lakes Cinema 5, 1201 N. State St, ☎ .
- Skate Park Margaret Street
- Soccer Fields, 1933 South Prairie Avenue.
- Snowmobiling Trails. Over 100 miles of groomed trails in the Fairmont area. Maps available at the Fairmont Area Chamber of Commerce, Fairmont Convention and Visitors Bureau, local convenience stores, and motels.
- Swimming Beaches Gomsrud and Ward Parks.
- Fairmont Aquatic Park, 1400 South Prairie Avenue, ☎ . 3.5 Acre Outdoor Water Park. Open June - August. Swimming Lessons Available.
- Fairmont Shooting Complex, 1300 North Bixby Road. Trap and Skeet.
- Cedar Creek Disc Golf, 3607 Cedar Park Road, ☎ . Cedar Creek West - Lots of elevation change. Large variety of foliage ranging from wooded corridors and alleys to large open meadows and doglegs. Water comes into play on several holes for added difficulty.
Cedar Creek East - A variety of tight and technical holes offer challenges for pros, while the relatively short course length makes it great for beginners.
- 4th of July Music Festival July 4th, Heritage Acres, 507 Lake Avenue. Bluegrass music, demonstrations, antique displays, and food at Heritage Acres.
- 4th of July Spectacular Fireworks July 4th. These spectacular fireworks are held over beautiful Lake Sisseton at 10PM.
- Community Band Concerts Sylvania Park Band Shell. Tuesday Evenings June - July 8PM
- Fairmont Glows. From the Mid November to January 1st. Visit Ward or Lincoln Park to view the "GLOWS" lighting during the holiday season.
- Friday’s In The Park Citizen's Park, Downtown Fairmont. Every Friday June - August. 11:45AM - 1PM
- Fairmont Raceway, ☎ . Stock Cars, Modifieds, Hobby Stocks, Hornets. Every Friday night April - August. Hot Laps begin at 7PM Martin County Fairgrounds, 1300 Bixby Road.
- Farmers Market. July - October. Monday's 2:30PM - 6PM at Kmart. Wednesday's 7AM - 10AM at Ward Park. Saturday's 8AM - 12PM at Kmart.
- [dead link]Martin County Fair. Yearly in Mid-August, Martin County Fairgrounds, 1300 Bixby Road.
- JCPenney. Five Lakes Center, 222 South State Street, 507-238-4274
- Shopko, 1001 South Highway 15, ☎ .
- Downtown Galleria 111 Downtown Plaza. Featuring antiques, primitives, beaded jewelry, florals, pottery, ceramics, hand-made soaps, candles, doilies, exotic wooden bowels, pen sets, planters, and stained glass, all created locally.
- Good News Bookstore, 113 East 3rd Street. Inspirational books, gifts, music, music books, cards, and home decor.
- On the Wall 85 Downtown Plaza. Custom matting and framing.
- Picture This! Scrap That! 115 Downtown Plaza. Scrapbook and card making supplies.
- Sovell Jewelry 113 Downtown Plaza. Sale and repair of jewelry and watches.
- Boat House Sport and Tackle, 905 Lake Avenue, ☎ . Fishing supplies.
- Master Sports Bait and Tackle, 1520 Albion Avenue, ☎ . Fishing supplies.
- Babb's BBQ Food Stand, Corner of State Street and Tilden.
- Channel Inn, 330 West Lair Road, ☎ .
- China Buffet, 1211 Adams Ave., ☎ .
- Edie's Restaurant, 110 West First St., ☎ .
- El Agave Mexican Restaurant, 62 Downtown Plaza, ☎ .
- Green Mill Pizza, I-90 and North State St., ☎ .
- Hy-Vee Deli, 907 South State St., ☎ .
- Jake's Pizza, 211 Downtown Plaza, ☎ .
- Lake Sisseton Saloon, 501 Lake Ave., ☎ . New owners - now called Marina Lodge
- The Ranch Restaurant, 1330 North State St., ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 6AM-?. Dinners $6-13.
- Shenanigans, 115 East Third St., ☎ .
- Sirloin House, 2321 Albion Ave., ☎ . New owners - now called Serenades
- Tami's On The Ave, 2710 Albion Ave., ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com.
- Graffiti Corner, 1500 S. State Street, ☎ . 6:30a - 10p weekdays, 8a -10p weekends. Frozen Treat & Coffee Lounge
- Dairy Freeze, 1506 Albion Ave, ☎ . Seasonally 11AM - 10PM Sundays 1AM - 10PM. A summer icon where the community gathers for great ice cream, lunch specials and so much more!
- Hall Lake Cabins, 2410 Albion Avenue, ☎ , toll-free: . Boat and Pontoon Rentals and fishing supplies.
- Budget Inn, 1122 North State Street, ☎ . Continental Breakfast, Non-Smoking, Pets, and Swimming Pool.
- Comfort Inn, ☎ . Jct. Highway 15 and I-90. Continental Breakfast, Handicap Accessible, Non-Smoking, Pets, Swimming Pool, and Suites
- Highland Court, 1245 Lake Avenue, ☎ . Non-Smoking, Pets, and Suites.
- Holiday Inn, ☎ . Jct. Highway 15 and I-90. Handicap Accessible, Meeting Room, Non-Smoking, Pets, Restaurant and Bar, Swimming Pool, and Suites.
- Super 8, ☎ . Jct. Highway 15 and I-90. Continental Brekafast, Handicap Accessible, Pets, and Non-Smoking
- Flying Goose Campground, 2521 115th Street, ☎ . (CR 26),
- [dead link]RJ's Lakeside Campground, 248 Cottonwood Road, ☎ .
- Welcome Campground, 601 North Guide Street, ☎ . Welcome, MN 56181,
- Sioux Falls, SD is a 2 hour drive west on I-90.
- Mankato, MN is less than one hour northeast.
- Rochester, MN is a two hour drive east on I-90.
- Iowa Great Lakes/Lake Okoboji, IA is 1.5 hours southwest.
|Routes through Fairmont|
|Sioux Falls ← Sherburn ←||W E||→ Blue Earth → Albert Lea|
|Saint Cloud ← Truman ←||N S||→ becomes → Ends at|