Truman is a city in Martin County located in Southern Minnesota. Truman lies twenty miles to the north of the Iowa border in south central Minnesota. Truman was founded when the railroad came through the area in 1899.
Truman is located on Minnesota Highway 15. It is 10 minutes north and south of major multi-lane freeways. Travelers on Interstate 90 will take Exit 102 at Fairmont. Travel 10 miles north on Highway 15 to find Truman. Travelers coming from the north (Mankato or the Twin Cities metro area) will take US Highway 169 south to Minnesota Highway 60 west. Travel 10 miles south on Highway 15 after you exit Highway 60.
Travelers getting to the area by air will fly into Minneapolis/Saint Paul (2 hours - all major airlines), Rochester (90 minutes - Delta, American), or Sioux Falls (2 hours - Delta, American Eagle, United). Well-maintained freeways from these airports lead to Truman.
The only form of pubilc transportation is the Martin County Taxi Service [dead link].
- Truman Days.
- Truman City Pool, ☏ . The city owns and operates an outdoor swimming pool from Memorial Day to Labor Day, which is located between the school and athletic fields.
Eat & Drink
- Ajax Bar & Grill, Highway 15, ☏ .
- Truman Cafe, 137 West Ciro Street, ☏ .
- Truman Drive In, Highway 15, ☏ . closed during winter months. A traditional drive-in diner style meal or ice cream novelties.
Bed & Breakfast
- The Whittler's Lady, 621 West Ciro Street, ☏ .
- The Truman Campground, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Located adjacent to the city pool, is available for visitors to rent sites. The first night is free of charge; subsequent days are charged at $15 per day. The campground includes electricity, water, and a dump station.
- Minnesota Highway 15 south will go to Fairmont.
|Routes through Truman|
|Saint Cloud ← New Ulm ← Jct W E ←||N S||→ Fairmont → Ends at|