- Hamilton County Convention and Visitors Bureau is in Carmel.
- Fishers Chamber of Commerce, 11601 Municipal Drive, ☏ . The Chamber can provide information about area businesses and upcoming events.
- Fishers Visitor Information Center, 11601 Municipal Drive, ☏ . Sa 10AM to 6PM.
Fishers is north of Indianapolis just off Interstate 69, a major north-south highway in Indiana.
In addition to the Col. Weir Cook Indianapolis International Airport, off of I-70 in Indianapolis, smaller planes can schedule a landing at one of two airports in Hamilton County and nearby Boone County just west of Hamilton County. Both offer aircraft charter, sales, rental, catering, and flight school.
- Metropolitan Airport, 10401 Willow View Rd, Fishers, ☏ .
- Indianapolis Executive Airport 11329 East SR 32, Zionsville. +1 317 769-3288.
- Sheridan Airport, 27045 Jerkwater Road, Sheridan, ☏ .
General speed is between 55-70 mph on interstates and highways, and generally 35 mph on other roads unless otherwise posted.
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 3:06PM local time and lasts 3 min 30 sec. The chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico and Texas to Illinois, then across Indiana to Ohio and the Canada–New England border.
- The Historic Ambassador House & Heritage Gardens, 106th & Eller Road, ☏ . As an educational venue, the Ambassador House will help to tell the story of Fishers, from its pioneers and Ambassador through today's history makers. Programs are being planned in conjunction with Hamilton Southeastern Schools to bring the stories of the home's former inhabitants to life. Museum exhibits focused on local heritage are also planned. Nature lovers and gardeners alike will enjoy a sanctuary within suburbia in the Victorian era heritage (heirloom) gardens surrounding the house. Arts, cultural and civic organizations and the community will be able to use the house and gardens as a performance, exhibition and meeting place.
- 1 Conner Prairie Living History Museum, 13400 Allisonvile Rd, ☏ . Set in the 1880s, Conner Prairie is an outdoor history museum and an Indiana tradition. With volunteers dressed in period-costume year round you are able to experience every aspect of the way of life - from blacksmithing to cooking, games and schooling, farming and church. Start at the modern museum learning about the science and anthropological history, then head to the living history museum featuring authentic buildings from the 1880s. In the summer the grounds feature 'Symphony on the Prairie' where one can picnic in the evening and enjoy live classical and pops performances. Halloween features haunted hay rides and the Holiday season includes dinners, candlelight tours and other celebrations. Restaurants on hand and a gift shop too. Parking is free. Kids can go to a prairie school, train for the militia or talk to the town doctor about “modern” cures. The 1859 balloon flight experience, based on the Lafayette (Indiana) launch of John Wise’s “flying machine," is open, check the website to see if the balloon is flying on the day that you visit. The 1863 Civil War Journey tells the story of Morgan's Raid in Dupont with interpreters, videos, and more. Admission is $14 adults, $13 seniors 65+, $9 youth 2-12, Free for members & youth under 2. Group admission: (10 guests or more): $10.50 adults, $7 youth (2-12). Balloon Voyage tickets: $15 ($12 members).
Fishers is known as a fast-growing, family-friendly city. There are things to do for families, especially those with young children interested in sports.
Festivals & events
- Hearthside Suppers at Conner Prairie (January-March), 13400 Allisonville Road, ☏ . Ever wondered what people ate for dinner in the early 1800s? And how it was prepared? Discover those answers firsthand when you and your family join in the preparation of a candlelight feast served inside the historic Conner House. Recipes are straight from the pages of a 19th-century cookbook.
- Glorious Fourth at Conner Prairie (Early July), 13400 Allisonville Road, ☏ . Glorious Fourth is a sampling of how Independence Day was celebrated in the 1800s. It's a red, white and blue weekend of patriotic feasts, games and fun sure to create memories and smiles all year long!
- Headless Horseman at Conner Prairie (October), 13400 Allisonville Road, ☏ . For more than a quarter of a century, Conner Prairie has been transformed into a live-action version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow each October, with nightly appearances by the Headless Horseman (in addition to other Halloween-themed activities). The moonlight “haunted” hayrides are always a sell out on the weekends. Go during the week if you can.
- Merry Prairie Holiday (Conner Prairie), 13400 Allisonville Road, ☏ . December. Through the month of December, celebrate the holiday season at Conner Prairie indoors and out! Make lasting memories with your family and friends - take a horse-drawn wagon ride outdoors, have dinner with Santa or enjoy a candlelight tour through Prairietown. Events include 1863 Outdoor Adventure, Gingerbread Village, Conner Prairie by Candlelight, breakfast with Santa, dinner with Santa, and Bill Hixson's Holiday Ornaments.
Landmarks and arts
- Fishers Arts Council. Fishers Arts Council was created to enrich the quality and economic vitality of the community by expanding and supporting local arts and culture.
- Nickel Plate Trail (downtown from 106th St to 146th St). Urban trail traversing the city with a tunnel and artwork.
Fishers has an array of parks for residents and visitors.
- Billericay Park 126th Street and Promise Road. Seven lighted baseball diamonds are the centerpiece of this park, which also has a play area, woodlands, walking trail and concessions building.
- Brooks School Park, 11780 Brooks School Rd. 16.5 acres with playground, basketball court, horseshoe pits and a loop walking trail.
- Cheeney Creek Natural Area, 11030 Fishers Pointe Blvd. A 25-acre natural wildlife habitat provides hiking, birding and fishing. Primitive and rugged.
- Cumberland Park, 10580 Cumberland Rd. 40-acre park is accessed through a housing subdivision. Includes seven soccer fields, wooded area, community building and shelter.
- Cyntheanne Park, 12383 Cyntheanne Rd. Cyntheanne Park serves as a destination park for all ages and interests, adding much needed facilities to the town's athletic field inventory while also providing opportunities for non-structured play, trail use and nature appreciation. Playgrounds complete this multi-functioning facility.
- Fishers Heritage Park at White River, 10595 Eller Road. Wooded, 33-acre greenspace with hiking/biking loop trail, bird watching and nature study. Also home to the Ambassador House, a National Historic Register home which is under renovation.
- Hoosier Woods, 10034 E. 121st St. Natural area with short soft-surface woodland trail. Next to Hoosier Road Elementary School – use of playground facilities allowed during non-school hours.
- Ritchey Woods Nature Preserve, 10410 Hague Road. Formerly owned by the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, this 42-acre site is an Indiana State Designated Nature Preserve. The remaining 85 acres is under a state conservation easement. The site offers five different trails totaling 2 miles and a shelter area. Guided hikes and programs also are available.
- Roy G. Holland Memorial Park One Park Drive. This 34-acre park is accessible through a housing subdivision. Offers soccer fields, sand volleyball, baseball and softball, basketball courts, two playground areas and picnic shelters.
- Fishers YMCA, 9012 E. 126th St, ☏ . Yes, the YMCA is a member-only organization, but this branch has a variety of events all year that are open to non-members. It's worth a phone call if you are in the area.
- Pinheads, 13825 Britton Park Rd, ☏ . Bowling alley, billiards, mega-arcade, duckpin style bowling, Louie's Bar and Restaurant, beach volleyball and a Play-A-Lot indoor playground. Smoke-free facility.
- Gray Eagle Golf Club, 12500 Brooks School Rd, ☏ . Public par-72 course also offers golf simulators in the winter months.
- Ironwood Golf Club, 10955 Fall Rd, ☏ . R.N. Thompson course with 27 new holes, offered in three nines (Lakes, Valley and Ridge). Create your own course!
- River Glen County Club, 12010 Clubhouse Dr, ☏ . Public par-71 course in one of the most scenic settings in Fishers. Area hotels offer a “Stay and Play” package for this course.
- Symphony on the Prairie. Conner Prairie, 13400 Allisonville Road. The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra presents Marsh Symphony on the Prairie. The stage is set for a summer with renowned artists and an amazing season line-up.
- Conner Prairie Museum Shop, 13400 Allisonville Rd, ☏ . The museum shop is unique shopping experience. The shop is stocked with items that are perfect for gift giving, decorating your home and serving as a keepsake reminder of your visit. Don't miss the heirloom seeds and gourmet foods including jams, soups and old fashion candy.
Fishers is a growing location for chain restaurants, but there are a few locally-owned places to try as well.
- Peterson's Restaurant, 7690 E. 96th Street, ☏ . Locally owned and operated.
- Sahm’s, 116th & Allisonville, ☏ . Sahm’s is the family-owned flagship restaurant of a group of restaurants that have been open for more than 20 years. Sahm’s makes its own soups, sauces and breads. The sour cream coffee cake is not to be missed. For huge breakfasts at a reasonable price, try 'The Roost' across the street (another Sahm’s restaurant).
- Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream, 8760 E. 116th St, ☏ . With locations across Ohio, Pennsylvania and Virginia, this isn’t a Fishers-only stop. But the ice cream is really good and the location is on the main drag of the old downtown area, only two blocks from the municipal town center, so it is fun for people watching too. Try a Handel’s Pop.
- Sunrise Cafe, 9767 E 116th St, ☏ , email@example.com. 6AM-2PM. A local favorite in Fishers since 1985. Serving breakfast favorites with some dependable lunch options. Well-known for their breakfast combos, which always come with "two X-Large eggs".
- Four Day Ray Brewery (FDR), 11671 Lantern Road, ☏ . Named for an employee of the historic Nickel Plate railway who called off work one day each week, FDR offers plenty of in-house brews on top of familiar favorites. Their scratch kitchen offers Indiana favorites like the fried pork tenderloin. Reasonably-priced lunch specials and exclusive menu options for Sunday brunch (10:30AM-2:30PM).
Fishers' growth means there are a number of reasonably priced chain hotels to accommodate visiting friends, family members and groups.
- Comfort Suites Fishers, 9760 Crosspoint Blvd, ☏ . 65 suites with coffee makers, microwaves, refrigerators, irons, ironing boards and hair dryers in every room. An indoor pool, exercise facility, business center and deluxe continental breakfast are included. Jacuzzi suites are available. Meeting space accommodates up to 40 people. Free parking.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fishers, 11575 Commercial Dr, ☏ . This beautifully decorated hotel offers complimentary hot and cold breakfast, a hospitality reception, high speed internet access and a 'Suite' Shop stocked with goodies. Also featuring studio-suite rooms, jacuzzi rooms and fireplace room.
- Hilton Garden Inn Northeast, 9785 North by Northeast Blvd, ☏ . 110 rooms/suites. This beautiful hotel offers the Great American Grill, Pavilion Lounge, indoor pool, whirlpool, fitness center, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry convenience mart and complimentary business center. All guest rooms include microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, complimentary high speed internet access, remote printing to the business center, two phones/one with two-line speakerphone and large work area. Meeting space accommodates 100 people.
- Best Western Fishers Indianapolis Area, 9790 North By Northeast Boulevard, ☏ . 140 rooms. The hotel features an outdoor pool, exercise facility, and free continental breakfast bar.
- Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Fishers, 9791 North by Northeast Boulevard, ☏ .
- Residence Inn by Marriott Fishers, 9765 Crosspoint Blvd, ☏ . 78 suites (studios and 1 and 2 bedrooms available). An indoor pool, sport court, exercise room, whirlpool, fully equipped kitchens, complimentary grocery shopping, HBO/cable and on-site guest laundry are included at this hotel. A complimentary hospitality hour M-Th. Special rates for extended stay are available. Meeting space accommodates 10 people. Free parking.
- Staybridge Suites, 9780 Crosspoint Blvd, ☏ . 146 rooms. This all suite hotel offers 3 suite options each with full kitchens, complimentary full hot breakfast, free guest laundry, a fitness center, indoor pool, whirlpool, HBO/cable, a library and free evening socials. High speed internet access, a business center and two phone lines are also provided in each suite. Meeting space accommodates up to 12 people. Free parking.
- Studio 6, 8250 North by Northeast Blvd, ☏ . 124 rooms. This hotel offers fully furnished studio rooms with low weekly and daily rates. Voice mail/data ports and HBO/cable are available in every room as well as a guest laundry facility. Pets welcome. Free parking.
|Routes through Fishers|
|Muncie ← Anderson ←||N S||→ Indianapolis → END|
|Marion ← Noblesville ←||N S||→ Indianapolis → Bloomington|