Jump to navigation Jump to search
Florida City is a city in Florida. It is one of the southernmost cities in the contiguous 48.
- Tropical Everglades Visitor Association, 160 SE 1st Ave, ☏ +1 305-245-9180, email@example.com. Visitor center focuses primarily on South Miami-Dade County including Florida City and Homestead, and also provides information on the Florida Keys and Key West.
Miami International Airport in Miami.
US Route 1 (South Dixie Highway), the Florida Turnpike (Route 821) and Route 997 all run right through Florida City.
- 1 Florida Pioneer Museum, 826 S Krome Ave, ☏ +1 305-246-9531.
- 2 Homestead Bayfront Park, 9698 SW 328th St, ☏ +1 305-230-3033. Sunrise-sunset. A natural atoll pool and beach next to Biscayne National Park. It has a full-line snackbar, picnic pavilions, grills, fishing area and a large playground. Boat launch and boat services.
- 3 Coral Castle, 28655 South Dixie Highway, ☏ +1 305-248-6345. An odd complex of stone structures, built with enormously heavy stones, and allegedly by one man, without the help of modern equipment.
- 1 Homestead-Miami Speedway, 1 Ralph Sanchez Speedway Blvd, Homestead, toll-free: +1-866-409-RACE (7223). Ticket office: M-F 9AM-5PM. NASCAR track in the Greater Miami area. The track plays host to Ford Championship Weekend, the final races of the season in the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series, Xfinity Series, and the Camping World Truck Series. These races are sponsored by Ford Motors, taking the names Ford Ecoboost 400, Ford Ecoboost 300, and Ford Ecoboost 200, respectively.
- 2 Robert is Here Fruit Stand and Farm, 19200 SW 344th St, Homestead, FL, ☏ +1 305-985-1520, fax: +1 305-242-4122, firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 8AM–7PM including holidays; closed September and October. This fruit stand and farm is popular with tourists and local residents. It offers many of the most sought after varieties of locally-grown tropical fruits and vegetables as well as widely-acclaimed smoothies, ice creams, and other prepared foods. It also features a petting zoo and is located only minutes from one of the main entrances to Everglades National Park as well as an alligator farm.
- 3 Fruit and Spice Park, 24801 S.W. 187th Avenue, Homestead, Florida 33031, ☏ +1 305-247-5727. Daily 9AM-5PM, except Christmas. This park features a vast assortment of fruits, spices, and other foods of interest that can be grown in Florida's subtropical climate. The park is also famous for getting a few items to grow that normally can't be grown even in Florida (e.g. mangosteen, cacao, jaboticaba, etc.). After an orientation, visitors are allowed to pick and eat whatever is available at the time of their visit. This park is relatively close to "Robert is Here" Fruit Stand and Farm. $8 adult, $2 child 6-11, and children under 6 are free.
- Florida Keys Outlet Marketplace, 250 E Palm Dr, ☏ +1 305-248-4727.
Many national chain restaurants are available for quick burgers, pizza and so forth, also:
- The Capri Italian Restaurant, 935 N Krome Ave, ☏ +1 305 247-1542.
- Farmer's Market Restaurant, 300 N Krome Ave # 17, ☏ +1 305 242-0008. Basic, local place with good food.
- 1 Bangkok Cuisine, 45 N Homestead Blvd, Homestead, ☏ +1 305-248-6611.
- Exit One Taproom, 12 NE 3rd St #30, ☏ +1 786-449-5203, email@example.com. Tu-Th 3-11PM, F 3PM-2AM, Sa noon-2AM, Su noon-7PM.
- 1 Hoosville Hostel, 20 SW 2nd Av, ☏ +1 305-363-4644, toll-free: +1-800-372-3874, fax: +1 305 245-7622. Plunge pool, tree hammocks, tours, kayak/canoe rental (requires vehicle to transport). $65 (Mar 2022).
- Travelodge by Wyndham Florida City/Homestead/Everglades, 409 S.E. 1st Ave, ☏ +1 305-482-1961. Outdoor pool, breakfast. $93 (Mar 2022).
- Quality Inn Florida City - Gateway To The Keys, US Hwy. #1, 333 S.E. 1st Ave, ☏ +1 786-465-7600. Outdoor pool, treadmill, breakfast. $89 (Mar 2022).
- Best Western Gateway to the Keys, 411 S Krome Ave, ☏ +1 305 246-5100, toll-free: +1-888-981-5100, fax: +1 305 242-0056.
- 2 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 35200 S. Dixie Hwy, ☏ +1 305 247-3414. $127 (Mar 2022).
Biscayne National Park is right nearby.
|Routes through Florida City|
|Miramar ← Homestead ←||N S||→ END|
|Miami ← Homestead ←||N S||→ Key Largo → Key West|