U.S. Route 50 connects the town on its eastern and western sides.
Folsom has its own bus line that is serviced with the Folsom Stage Line buses. Reloadable bus passes are available at the city hall. There are also several car rental locations throughout the city.
- 1 Historic Sutter Street, 700 Sutter Street (By the river). A narrow street but beautiful trees and a lot of restaurants and other businesses.
- 2 Folsom Prison Museum, 312 3rd St., Represa, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 10AM-4PM. The prison was built in 1880 to handle the overload from San Quentin. Tours of the prison are not offered; however, the displays in the museum offer a realistic view of what life is like on the inside. Especially frightening is the display of weapons prisoners have made from everyday items. You can purchase crafts and other items made by prisoners. $2 USD.
|“||I'm stuck in Folsom Prison, and time keeps draggin' on...||”|
There's always the option to go to Folsom Lake, a reservoir north of the Folsom city itself.
- 1 Folsom Powerhouse State Historic Park, 9980 Greenback Ln, ☏ . Vintage generators are still in place at the powerhouse, as is the control switchboard, faced with Tennessee marble. Visitors touring the powerhouse can see the massive General Electric transformers, each capable of conducting from 800 to 11,000 volts of electricity, in addition to the forebays and canal system that brought the water from the dam.
Folsom has a historical downtown with lots of interesting shops and excellent restaurants. Outlet malls are located just out of town.
- 1 Scott's Seafood Bar and Grill, 9611 Greenback Ln, ☏ . Mon-Sat 11AM-10PM, Sun 4PM-10PM. Excellent and delicious food, very nice sight overlooking the river, though a bit expensive.
- 2 BJ Cinnamon, 402 E Bidwell St, ☏ . Mon-Fri 5AM-5PM, Sat-Sun 5AM-3PM. Small shop serving donuts and breakfast pastries with excellent customer service; will occasionally throw in some extra donut holes to your purchase if you have children.
- 3 La Fiesta Taqueria, 1008 E Bidwell St # 100, ☏ . Mon-Sun 8:30AM-10PM. Mexican restaurant with good tostadas, taco salads and tacos. Clean environment and friendly staff.
- 4 Sacramento Pizza Company, 2700 E Bidwell St, #500, Folsom, CA 95630, ☏ , ✉ Info@Sacpizzaco.Com. Mon-Sun 11AM-9PM. Locally owned build-your-own small pizza restaurant with many toppings and a good crust. Seating is limited here, with only a few small tables.
- 1 Prohibition Wine Lounge, 2776 E Bidwell St #500, Folsom, CA 95630, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mon-Thu 11AM-11PM, Fri 11AM-12AM, Sat 3PM-12AM. Laid-back wine bar with some food available and live music. On Tuesdays there are tastings that vary every week.
- Courtyard Sacramento- Folsom, 2575 Iron Point Rd, ☏ , fax: .
- Hawthorn Hotel Suites-Folsom/Rancho Cordova, 12180 Tributary Point Dr., ☏ , fax: .
- 1 Larkspur Landing Folsom, 121 Iron Point Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. All suite hotel. Complimentary Healthy Start Breakfast, fitness center, outdoor spa and laundry facility.
- Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom, 2555 Iron Point Rd, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through Folsom|
|Sacramento ← Rancho Cordova ←||W E||→ El Dorado Hills → Carson City|