North America > United States of America > California > Sacramento Valley > Sacramento County > Folsom
- Historic Sutter Street.
Go to Folsom Lake
- Folsom Powerhouse State Historic Park, 9980 Greenback Ln, ☎ . Vintage generators are still in place at the powerhouse, as is the control switchboard, faced with Tennessee marble. Visitors touring the powerhouse can see the massive General Electric transformers, each capable of conducting from 800 to 11,000 volts of electricity, in addition to the forebays and canal system that brought the water from the dam.
- Folsom Prison Museum, 312 3rd St., Represa, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. 10AM-4PM. The prison was built in 1880 to handle the overload from San Quentin. Tours of the prison are not offered; however, the displays in the museum offer a realistic view of what life is like on the inside. Especially frightening is the display of weapons prisoners have made from everyday items. You can purchase crafts and other items made by prisoners. $2 USD.
Folsom has a historical downtown with lots of interesting shops and excellent restaurants. Outlet malls are located just out of town.
- The Ravine Bar & Restaurant. Great food, the business is run by a couple and the food and service are excellent as well as being reasonably priced.
- Scott's Seafood Bar and Grill. Excellent and delicious food, very nice sight overlooking the river, though a bit expensive.
- Courtyard Sacramento- Folsom, 2575 Iron Point Rd, ☎ , fax: +1 916 984-3198.
- Residence Inn Sacramento Folsom, 2555 Iron Point Rd, ☎ , fax: +1 916 983-8637.
- Hawthorn Hotel Suites-Folsom/Rancho Cordova, 12180 Tributary Point Dr., ☎ , fax: +1 916 355-1752.
- Larkspur Landing Folsom, 121 Iron Point Rd, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: +1 916 355-1766, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. All suite hotel. Complimentary Healthy Start Breakfast, fitness center, outdoor spa and laundry facility.
|Routes through Folsom|
|Sacramento ← Rancho Cordova ←||W E||→ El Dorado Hills → Carson City|