- McMurray Aviation, Fort McMurray, ☎ , toll-free: . Four flights daily to/from Fort McMurray. $150 one way, $260 return.
- Northwestern Air, Fort Smith, ☎ , toll-free: , fax: . Three flights weekly to/from Fort Smith (NWT), three flights weekly to/from Edmonton via Fort McMurray.
Travel overland to Fort Chip is only possibly via seasonal ice roads which cross a pair of frozen rivers in winter. A Fort Chipewyan Winter Road hotline at +1-866-743-6111 provides road information.
There is one fuel station between Fort Mac and Fort Chip (a Petro-Canada in Fort MacKay's industrial park) and virtually no services.
A word of caution: When crossing ice bridges (river crossings). GO THE SPEED LIMIT!!! If you go too fast, you may create an underwater wave which can travel ahead of you and break the ice once it reaches the other shore.
- Fox Taxi, 105 Lepine Av, ☎ .
- Sun Taxi, 140 MacKenzie King Rd, ☎ .
- Tuccaros Taxi Service, 112 Adam St, ☎ .
- Fort Chipewyan Bicentennial Museum, 109 Mackenzie Ave, ☎ . A replica of the Hudson's Bay Store created by the Fort Chipewyan Historical Society to commemorate the post's 1988 bicentennial. By donation.
- Egg Island Ecological Reserve, ☎ . Small ecological reserve established on Lake Athabasca to protect a major breeding colony of Caspian terns, a "vulnerable species".
- Fort Chipewyan Winter Carnival. Late February; jigging, trap-setting, snowmobile racing, and moose calling. $5 button.
- Chips Family Restaurant, 108 Flett St, ☎ . Only restaurant in Fort Chipewyan.
- Lily on Wylie Bed & Breakfast, 116 Wylie Ave, ☎ .
- Johnny Michaels B & B, 210 Evans Cres, ☎ .
- Wah Pun Bed & Breakfast, ☎ .
- Willie’s B&B, 118 McDonald St, ☎ .
- Dene/Cree Hotel, ☎ .
- Wood Buffalo National Park is at the northern edge of Alberta; access is from Fort Smith NWT