Jump to navigation Jump to search
A town of 2500 people provides various services to Wood Buffalo National Park park visitors.
- Fort Smith Visitor Information Centre, 149 MacDougal Rd (at Wood Buffalo National park office), ☎ .
- 1 Fort Smith Airport (YSM IATA). The base of operations for Northwestern Air, provides flights to Edmonton, Fort Chipewyan, Hay River, High Level and Yellowknife.
- 1 Northern Life Museum. Collection of over 13,000 artifacts representing the peoples and history of the North
- 2 Fort Smith Mission Territorial Park. See remains of the Oblate Catholic Mission, the center of the Church's operations in the western Arctic from 1876 until the early 1980s. The Cathedral, 1911 Bishop's house, and several other buildings such as machine and carpentry shops, can be seen on self-guided tours.
- Taiga Tours, ☎ . Outfitter licensed by Parks Canada.
- Berro's Pizzeria, 195 McDougal Rd, ☎ .
- Pelican Rapids Inn, 152 McDougal Rd, ☎ . Hotel with wi-fi and 80-person event space, souvenir shop carries work of local artists. Pelican Restaurant (+1 867 872-2729) and Blondie's Bar with dance floor and large-screen TVs.
|Routes through Fort Smith|
|Hay River ← Wood Buffalo N.P. ←||W E||→ END|