North America > United States of America > New England > Massachusetts > Southeast Massachusetts > SouthCoast > Freetown (Massachusetts)
- Freetown-Fall River State Forest, ☎ . Slab Bridge Rd., Assonet. Near the main entrance is a day-use area, with a wading pool, picnic area, and restrooms. The rest of the 5400 acre forest offers 50 miles of unpaved roads and trails for horseback riding, cross country skiing, and mountain biking. Seasonal motorcycle and snowmobile users are welcome, as are hunters and fishermen in season. Rattlesnake Brook is stocked with brook trout each spring. The Forest also includes the 227 acre Watuppa Reservation, the site of annual tribal meetings of the Wampanoag Nation, which belongs to that tribe. Profile Rock, a 50-foot outcropping, shows a profile of what the Wampanoags believe to be Chief Massasoit.
- Assonet Inn, 16 Water St, ☎ . (lunch/dinner)
- Assonet Pizza, 66 S. Main St, ☎ . (lunch/dinner)
- Dunkin' Donuts, 2 Chace Rd, ☎ .
- Dunkin' Donuts, 1 Mason Rd, ☎ .
- Dunkin' Donuts, 60 So. Main St, ☎ .
- Dunkin' Donuts, 68 So. Main St, ☎ .
- Everybody's Pizza, 54 County Rd, ☎ . (lunch/dinner)
- George's Snack Shack, 15 Ridge Hill Rd, ☎ . (lunch/dinner)
- Harry's Diner, 63b So. Main St., +1 508-644-3339. (lunch/dinner)
- Hugo's II Road House, 50 Middleboro Rd, ☎ . (lunch/dinner)
- Independence Harbor, 10 Narrows Rd, ☎ . (functions, occasional Sunday brunches)
- Kathy's Coffee Shop & Creamery, 66 S. Main St, ☎ . (breakfast)
- Nephew's Restaurant, 2 Crossroads Dr, ☎ . (dinner)
- Oriental Express, 1 Chace Rd, ☎ . (lunch/dinner)
- Subway Sandwiches, 1 Chace Rd, ☎ .
- Subway Sandwiches, 69 S. Main St, ☎ .
- USA Donuts, 1 Chace Rd, ☎ . (breakfast/lunch)
- Assonet Inn, 16 Water St, ☎ .
- Assonet Pizza, 66 S. Main St, ☎ .
- The Nephew's Restaurant, 2 Crossroads Dr, ☎ .
|Routes through Freetown|
|Boston ← Berkley ←||N S||→ Fall River → Portsmouth|
|Taunton ← Lakeville ←||N S||→ New Bedford → Ends at|