(Redirected from Fridley)
Interstate 694 passes through the south end of Fridley, close to Columbia Heights. Central Avenue (Minnesota Highway 65) and University Avenue (Minnesota Highway 47) are the main thoroughfares through both towns.
A few Metro Transit bus routes serve Columbia Heights. The Columbia Heights Transit Center (at Central Avenue and 41st Avenue) is the main bus station for the city.
- Route 10 runs along Central Avenue and passes by the Transit Center. At 53rd Avenue it splits into two branches, one continuing along Central Avenue and the other jogging over to University Avenue. Both branches terminate at Northtown Mall in Blaine.
- Route 11 runs along University Avenue between 37th and 40th Avenues, then runs along 40th Avenue until Central Avenue, terminating at the Transit Center.
- Fridley History Center, 611 Mississippi St NE (between 7th and Monroe Sts), ☎ . 2nd and 4th Sa of the month 11AM-3PM. A small community history museum housed in a two-room schoolhouse built in the 1930s. Exhibits trace Fridley's transition from sleepy farming community to modern suburb. One of the former classrooms still looks as it did in the 1930s.
- Heights Theater, 3951 Central Ave NE (between 39th and 40th Aves), ☎ . Single-screen movie theater with a live pipe organ.
- Twin City Comics, 3954 Central Ave NE (between 39th and 40th Aves), ☎ . M-Tu 11AM-7PM, W 9AM-9PM, Th-F 11AM-9PM, Sa 10AM-6PM, Su noon-6PM. Comic books and collectibles.
- Miller's, 547 40th Ave NE (at 7th St), ☎ . M-Sa 11AM-9PM. Burgers and fries.
- Dong Yang, 735 45th Ave NE (at Quincy), ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-8PM, Su 10AM-6PM. A Korean restaurant hidden in the back of a Korean grocery store.
- Filfillah, 4301 Central Ave NE (at 43rd Ave), ☎ . 11AM-9PM daily. Middle Eastern.
- King's, 1051 E Moore Lake Dr (at Hwy 65), ☎ . Su-Th 11:30AM-9PM, F-Sa 11:30AM-9:30PM. King's menu is a combination of Korean dishes plus Japanese sushi.
- Royal Orchid, 4022 Central Ave NE (between 40th and 41st Aves), ☎ . Su,Tu-Th 11:30AM-9PM, F 11:30AM-9:30PM, Sa noon-9:30PM. Thai.
- [dead link]The Historic Heights, 3980 5th St NE (at 40th Ave), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Bed and breakfast.
Columbia Heights and Fridley are in the 763 area code.
- Columbia Heights Library, 820 40th Ave NE, ☎ . M-W 9AM-8PM, Th 10AM-6PM, F 9AM-5PM, Sa 10AM-4PM. Free wifi, but no outlets.
- Anoka County Library ( Mississippi branch), 410 Mississippi St NE (at 5th St), ☎ . M,W noon-8PM, Tu,Th 10AM-6PM, F noon-6PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. Free wifi.
|Routes through Columbia Heights-Fridley|
|Maple Grove ← Brooklyn Park ←||W E||→ Arden Hills → Woodbury|
|Big Lake ← Coon Rapids ←||NW SE||→ Minneapolis → END|