North America > United States of America > South (United States of America) > Virginia > Shenandoah Valley > Front RoyalJump to navigation Jump to search
- The town is at the intersection of Interstate 66, US-340 and US-522 near US-55. It is just miles from the intersection of Interstate 66 and Interstate 81
- The closest airport is 1 Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD), a small airport with scheduled commercial service only to Chicago–O'Hare and Washington–Dulles.
- About an hour drive from Front Royal is 2 Washington Dulles International Airport major airport with numerous domestic and international flights.
- For passenger train service, 3 Manassas Amtrak Station is about an hour drive from Front Royal.
- Passenger bus service is available from 4 Washington Greyhound Bus Station, about a 90-minute drive from Front Royal.
- 1 Royal Cinemas, 117 E Main St, ☏ .
- 2 Skyline Caverns. M-F 9AM-5PM; Sa-Su 9AM-6PM;. A series of caverns turned tourist attraction, one of only a few places in the world where you will find Anthodite formations - minerals shaped like orchids. There are also a series of underground streams and a waterfall to see here, as well as a miniature train. Adults $14, Children (7-13) $7, Children (under 6) free..
- 3 Christendom College, 134 Christendom Drive, toll-free: .
- The 2,100-mile (3,400-km) Appalachian Trail passes through here, on it way through Virginia.
- 1 Skyline Drive (begins at Stonewall Jackson Hwy). A 105-mile (169-km) windy road, along the Shenandoah National Park in the Blue Ridge Mountains, with dozens of beautiful views. Particularly stunning when the leaves change color in late September and early October. $30 per vehicle for a 7-day pass, or $55 for a 12-month pass.
- 2 [dead link] Warren Riffles Confederate Museum, 95 Chester St, ☏ . Relics and records of the War Between the States." Also books and gifts. Weekdays 9AM-4PM; Sun. noon to 4PM April 15 ~ Nov. 1; by appointment rest of year.
- 3 Blue Ridge Hot Air Balloons, 552 Milldale Hollow Rd, ☏ . Hot air balloon rides over the Shenandoah Valley, to see the area from above. From $180 per-person.
- 4 [dead link] Breaktime Billiards, 460A S Commerce Ave, ☏ .
- 5 Front Royal Canoe Company, 8567 Stonewall Jackson Hwy, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Offers canoe, kayak, and rafting trips down the Shenandoah River. Trips from 3 to 40 miles (5 km to 65 km). From $40.
- 6 Highlander Horses, 5197 Reliance Rd, ☏ . Offers both horse riding lessons, and short guided riding tours on trails through the Shenandoah Valley, ranging between 1 and 2 hours. From $30.
- 7 Royal Family Bowling Center, 430 Remount Rd, ☏ .
- 8 [formerly dead link] Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club, 456 Shadows Drive (on US522/340: 2 miles north of I-66), ☏ . Featuring views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this award-winning golf course offers five sets of tee boxes ranging from 4,994 to 7,301 yards. The front nine plays as a traditional mountain course with vast elevation changes, tight fairways and numerous bunkers on most holes. The back nine, on the other hand, plays as a lakes course with wider fairways and water on almost all 9 holes, including the Signature Waterfall at the 18th green.
- PaveMint Smokin' Taphouse, 9 S Commerce Ave, ☏ . 11AM-10PM Fri-Sat; 11AM-9PM Sun-Mon and Wed-Thu; 4PM-9PM Tue. Gatropub serving craft beers and alcoholic milkshakes, in a gas station that was converted into a restaurant. Some outdoor seating available.
- 1 Jalisco Mexican Restaurant, 510 S Royal Ave, ☏ .
- 2 Jimbo's Restaurant, 1411 N Shenandoah Ave, ☏ . Burgers, chicken wings, and similar American food.
- 3 L Dee's Pancake House, 522 E Main St, ☏ . Pancakes and other breakfast food. Cash only.
- 4 Spelunker's Frozen Custard & Cavern Burgers, 116 South St, ☏ . Burgers and frozen custard.
- 5 Front Royal Fox's Pizza Den, 239 South St, ☏ . Pizza, sandwiches, and salads.
- 6 Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar, 101 Hospitality Drive (on US522/340: 2 miles north of I-66), ☏ . Houlihan’s offers relaxed, casual dining and bar seating for 196 guests, featuring quality American fare freshly prepared with contemporary flavors and creativity. Houlihan's features a 98% made-from-scratch kitchen. From fresh-baked artisan breads to mini martini flights, you’ll find a variety of popular dishes along with interesting new tastes delivered to the table with smart presentations.
- 1 Chester Gap Cellars, 4615 Remount Rd, ☏ . 11AM-6PM Fri-Sun, Closed Mon-Thu. Winery with peaceful porch and a great view. Try some of the wines, buy a few bottles of your favorites. Bringing in outside food to eat is allowed.
- 2 Glen Manor Vineyards, 2244 Browntown Rd, ☏ . 11AM-5PM Fri-Sat, 12PM-5PM Sun, 11AM-5PM Mon, Closed Tue-Thu. Winery producing excellent Virginia wine. Wine-tastings available.
- 3 Front Royal Brewing Company, 122 E Main St, ☏ . 12PM-10PM Fri 11AM-10PM Sat; 11AM-8PM Sun; 12PM-8PM Mon, Wed, Thu; Closed Tue. Local brewery in a large space.
Bed & Breakfast
- Killahevlin Bed & Breakfast Inn, 1401 N Royal Ave, ☏ .
- Lackawanna Bed & Breakfast, 236 Riverside Dr, ☏ .
- Woodward House on Manor Grade, 413 S Royal Ave, ☏ .
- Blue Ridge Motel, 1370 N Shenandoah Ave, ☏ .
- Bluemont Inn, 1525 N Shenandoah Ave, ☏ .
- Cool Harbor Motel, 141 W 15th St, ☏ .
- Hampton Inn, 9800 Winchester Rd, ☏ .
- 1 [dead link] Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, 111 Hospitality Drive (on US522/340: 2 miles north of I-66), ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12 Noon. 2012 IHG Torchbearer Award Winner (Holiday Inn's Highest Honor) and 2011 IHG Newcomer Award Winner (Best New Holiday Inn). A conference hotel with 124 Guest Rooms, 26 one bedroom suites and conference facilities seating up to 300 people for banquets. The hotel offers free wireless internet, coin-op guest laundry, 24 hour fitness center and business centers and a heated indoor pool/whirlpool. Guest rooms come with 32-inch LCD TVs with HBO, Refrigerators and oversized desks with ergonomic chairs.
- Pioneer Motel, 541 S Royal Ave, ☏ .
- [dead link] Quality Inn, 10 Commerce Ave, ☏ .
- Relax Inn, 1810 N Shenandoah Ave, ☏ .
- Super 8 Motel, 111 South St, ☏ .
- 2 Gooney Creek Campground, 7122 Stonewall Jackson Hwy, ☏ . Check-out: 12:00. Beautiful located Tent/RV Campground immediately alongside the Gooney Creek. 20A hookups. No wifi. Swimming possible in river. $36.
|Routes through Front Royal|
|END ← Middletown ←||W E||→ Manassas → Washington, D.C.|
|Hancock ← Winchester ←||N S||→ Culpeper → Jct|