Weekday commuter rail service to and from Washington, D.C. is provided by Virginia Railway Express. Intercity service is provided via Amtrak as Manassas is a stop of the Northeast Regional service between Boston, New York City and Lynchburg. Additionally, two long distance trains also calls here, the tri-weely Cardinal between New York and Chicago as well as the daily Crescent between New York and New Orleans. 1 Manassas station is located at 9431 West St, next to downtown.
- BestBus, ☎ , toll-free: . Operates service to/from Penn Station in New York City; Pickup/dropoff at commuter lot on Cushing Road by Omniride-PRTC stop. Buses offer free Wi-Fi, electrical outlets, and free water. $25-$50.
- Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission. Operates commuter bus service to/from Washington DC.
Manassas is mainly served by I-66, U.S. 29, Virginia State Route 234 Business and Virginia State Route 28, which runs through the City's historic downtown. PRTC Transit operates a limited regional bus system.
Sudley Road (Route 234 Business) runs North/South through Manassas, is the main shopping artery of the city.
- 2 Manassas National Battlefield Park. 8:30AM-5PM daily. Two major Civil War battlefields. Walking and driving tours of First and Second Manassas battlefields are available. $3 fee, Park Pass applies.
- Splashdown Waterpark, ☎ .
- Ice Skating @ Harris Pavillion, 9201 Center Street (Old Town Manassas), ☎ . Closed Monday & Tuesday; Wed - Thurs - 3:00 - 8:00; Friday - 3:00 - 10:00; Sat - 12:00 - 10:00; Sun - 12:00 - 5:00. Adults: $8; Children: $7; Skate Rental: $5.
- General's Ridge Golf Course, 9701 Manassas Drive, ☎ .
- Magic Putting Place, 8902 Mathis Ave, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 2 18-hole miniature golf courses. Before 6pm M–F: $4.00; Before 6pm Sa, Su, & Holidays: $4.50; After 6pm: $5.00; Additional 18 Holes of Golf: $2.00.
- Manassas Mall, 8300 Sudley Rd, ☎ . Features many major clothing stores.
- J.E. Rice True Value Hardware, 9124 Mathis Ave, ☎ . A traditional hardware store in business for over 70 years.
Manassas is fairly close to Washington DC, so there's a decent selection of minority ethnic restaurants in addition to regular fare. In addition, many chains are represented in Manassas including Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, Golden Corral, Great American Steak and Buffet, Red, Hot and Blue, Hooters, Logan's Roadhouse, and local favorite Five Guys hamburgers. Manassas is also known locally for its unusually high number of 7/11 convenience stores per capita. This includes two on Sudley Road that are inexplicably right next door to each other. Local favorites are concentrated in the historic Downtown. The city of Manassas has a meals tax.
- 4 Tony's New York Pizza, 9108 Mathis Avenue, ☎ . A Napoli family-run Italian restaurant, with undoubtedly the best pizza, salads, pastas in the area
- 5 Nathan's Dairy Bar, 8948 Mathis Ave, ☎ . Su-Th: 11AM-10PM; F-Sa: 11AM-11PM. Extremely popular ice cream parlor.
- 2 BadWolf Brewing Company, 9776 Center St, ☎ . Beer is brewed on site on a 1 barrel system. The taproom offers pints, samples and growlers of beer to go.
- Centreville (Virginia) don't go there next, go there at the same time. With Centreville road (SR 28) connecting Centreville and Manassas, they're almost two different parts of the same city.
|Routes through Manassas|
|Charleston ← Culpeper ←||W E||→ Alexandria → Washington, D.C.|
|Lynchburg ← Culpeper ←||S/SW N/NE||→ Alexandria → Washington, D.C.|
|Middletown ← Front Royal ←||W E||→ Centreville → Washington, D.C.|
|Washington, D.C. ← Centreville ←||N S||→ Culpeper → Charlottesville|
|END ← Bristow ←||W E||→ Burke → Washington, D.C.|