Gagetown is in the Saint John River Valley region of New Brunswick, Canada it is the birthplace of Sir Leonard Tilley, the endurable sportsware manufacturer, hosts an artist colony and marina on the Saint John river between the entrances to Washdemoak Lake and Grand Lake, two excellent three season sailing paradises. From the sea, The reversing falls at Saint John present an obstacle except during slack tide, when many vessels transit the gorge. The sea side harbour hosts cruise ships and ocean cargo vessels, with a public dock attached below the Delta Hotel, beside the Coast Guard dock, at one end of the sheltered pedestrian walk to the farmer's market at city centre, about half a mile walk away, with many other shopping facilities and attractions nearby. The river continues on, up to just below downtown Fredericton, where a railroad bridge no longer opens to sailboats, about 80 miles above the falls.
From the east or west, take the Trans-Canada Highway and exit onto Highway 102 south.
- Tilley House, 69 Front St..
- The "new Court House", 16 Court House Rd.. Dates from 1836.
- 1 The Loomcrofters Studio, 23 Loomcroft Ln, ☎ . Believed to be the oldest building still in use on the St. John River.
Sailing charters and chateau cabins with moorings are available, but are scarce and need to be booked in advance.
- The Creekview Restaurant, 38 Tilley Rd, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gulliver's World Cafe, 42 Front St, ☎ . Open during "the warmer months" only. Reservations are required (call +1 506-488-2998 ext. 113).
Inside the falls, Kennebacasis Bay, Long reach, Belleisle bay, Evandale and the lakes provide affordable accommodations for sailors and many free docks and moorings. Solitude, fishing and water sports are attractions, as are river hotels common during steamship days but scarcer now, offer quality shoreside berths, or shoreside camping facilities.
- RockHaven Waterfront Bed & Breakfast, 92 Front St, ☎ .
- Steamers' Bed & Breakfast, 74 Front St, ☎ .
|Routes through Gagetown|
|Woodstock ← Fredericton ←||W E||→ Jct W → Moncton|
|Jct ← Fredericton ←||N S||→ Jct N S → END|