Galatas is in Attica.
The area is known for its Lemonodasos ("Lemon forest"), a vast orchard of lemon- and other citrus trees, watered by watermills and made famous by author Kosmas Politis in his 1930 novel by the same name.
Daily buses run from Athens Kifissos Bus Station to Galatas, leaving at 16:30, including on public holidays. Buses also come in from Isthmos (departing daily at 17:25), Methana (departing Monday to Friday at 08:00) and Nafplio (departing Monday to Friday at 05:45 and 14:30).
The town is on the Fanariou - Galatas - Ermionis road, which doesn't have a route number, 36 km from a turn off at Epano Epidavros on National Road 70, which runs between Corinth and Argos. Galatas is approximately 80 km from Argos and approximately 90 km from Corinth.
- 1 Ferry Galatas (Γαλατάς Πορθμείο), Epar.Od. Ermionis, ☎ . Regular departures all day; the journey takes 5 minutes. Car and passenger ferry from/to Poros, which is itself served by ferries from Athens (Piraeus).
- 1 Megali Magoula. Mycenaean tomb
- 2 Ancient Trizina. The ancient Trizina is known as the homeland of Thiseas and it is one of the most interesting places near Poros. All the archaeological finds from ancient Trizina are located in the Archaeological Museum. Then, at a distance of about 3 km from Trizina there is a place called "Vasiliki Tafi" (The Royal Cemetery). This area is interesting because of the archaeological finds of the Mycenaean period.
- 3 Lemonodasos (Lemon grove). Take the opportunity to stroll around this verdant hill with more than 30,000 lemon and orange trees with scattered taverns all around, located on the opposite coast near Galatas in the Peloponnese. From the top, the view is panoramic. The boat trip will only take a few minutes. It has been declared a protected area by the European Union.
- 1 Aliki Beach. Aliki is a gorgeous beach with sand inside and out which winds up in a lagoon. It has shallow water and Bourtzi is right across where anyone can swim to. Located at the entrance of Poros’ waterway, as you come in the from Hydra on the flying dolphin.
- 2 Drepani Water Ski Resort (Hotel, swimming pool and waterski on the continent), Agios Georgios-Moulkia, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The water ski centre is managed by Sotiris Kyprios, former European Slalom Senior 1 Champion and his wife Marianna. The resort can accommodate up to 45 skiers, and teach them how to ski from complete beginners to advanced competition slalom skiers. The resort has a 25 m pool, sauna, jacuzzi, pro shop and restaurant that serves buffet breakfasts as well as lunch and dinner.
- 3 Diavologefiro. Walking towards the northwest in an abrupt area near Poros we find this famous wild beautiful natural environment. The river flows furiously through a deep canyon.
- 1 Kostelenos Nurseries (George Kostelenos (Owner)), Trizina, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. These incubators produce the widest variety of olive trees in the world. You will not regret the visit even if you are not a keen gardener. It is best to arrange an appointment in advance.