Jump to navigation Jump to search
From east to west:
- 1 Athens — The capital of Greece
- 2 Chalcis
- 3 Delphi — site of the famous oracle of Apollo, major archaeological site
- 4 Lamia
- 5 Mesolongi
- 6 Nafpaktos
- 7 Galaxidi
- 8 Itea — Seaside town close to Delphi
- 9 Karpenisi
- 1 Mount Parnassus — The mount was regarded as a principal abode of Apollo and the Muses.
- 2 Thermopylae — A narrow coastal passage, famous for the battle that took place there in 480 BC
There are two airports in central Greece. The biggest one is in Athens.
- Athens Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport
- Aktion National Airport (Lefkada Airport "Aktion").
- 1 Ossios Loukas Monastery — A historic monastery, listed on UNESCO's World Heritage Sites