Tiny Gambier is a college town centered around Kenyon College. Kenyon dominates the village, with a student body of 1,600 in a town of fewer than 2,500.
The easiest way into Gambier is by car. Kenyon College also maintains a list of transport options for the benefit of its students.
- Knox Area Transit, 25 Columbus Road, Mt. Vernon, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. M–F 6AM–7PM, Sa 6AM–5PM. Door-to-door service in and out of Knox County (call for rates), as well as $1 shuttles between Gambier and Mount Vernon (hourly M-F 8AM-10PM, Sa 2PM-10PM), with transfers available to local shuttles within Mount Vernon.
- GoBus. Regular service to Columbus, Mount Vernon, Wooster and other locations.
Walk. The gravel path running through the village, known as Middle Path, is an important landmark.
- 1 Kenyon Athletic Center (KAC).
- 1 Friday Cafe, 201 W Brooklyn St, ☏ . Most Fridays, 11:30am–1:30pm, when school is in session. Vegetarian cafe.
- 2 Gambier Deli, 110 Gaskin Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday–Saturday 9am–2pm, Sundays 10am–3pm.
- 3 The Kenyon Inn & Restaurant, 100 W Wiggin St, ☏ .
- 4 The Village Inn, 102 Gaskin Ave, ☏ . Monday–Saturday 11am–10pm; bar stays open late.
- 5 Wiggin Street Coffee, 101 Wiggin St.
- The Village Inn, 102 Gaskin Ave, ☏ .
Kenyon maintains a list of accommodations in Gambier and nearby areas.
- Gambier Branch Library, 115 Meadow Ln (in the Gambier Community Center). M Th F 10AM-5PM, Tu W 11AM-8PM, Sa 10AM-4PM. Computers available for public use.
- Mount Vernon – county seat of Knox County
|Routes through Gambier|
|Delaware ← Mount Vernon ←||W E||→ Coshocton → Uhrichsville|