Garden City is served by Bee Line Express. The station is at the Finney County Transit building (next to the Valero).
- 1 Garden City Regional Airport (GCK IATA). American Airlines has nonstop service from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
There is only one cab company in town.
Finney County Transit operates the City Link Bus Phone: +1 620 272-3626. Buses run between 6AM and 7PM, Monday through Friday. The fare is $1. A monthly pass is available for $30 from the transit office at 1008 N. Eleventh Street.
- Sandsage Bison Range, 785 S Business, US-83, ☏ . Wildlife area with over 100 bison. For your safety, you cannot enter areas with bison unescorted, so call ahead to arrange a tour.
- Lee Richardson Zoo, 312 E Finnup Dr, ☏ . Daily 8AM-5PM / 8AM-7PM Summer. Hang out with your favorite North American prairie animal friends or animal friends in general at this zoo with free admission and even a self-driving tour. Free.
- Finney County Museum, 403 S 4th St. Daily 1PM-5PM. Free but donations welcomed. +1 620-272-3664
- Beef Empire Days. Beef Empire Days occur around the first week of June. Activities include a steak cookout, tennis tournament, horse shoe tournament, 3 on 3 basketball tournament, softball tournament, and a parade.
- Garden Rapids at The Big Pool, 504 E Maple St. City pool with water slides.
- Selam East Africa, 1110 Campus Dr. Here you can try some injera and other Ethiopian specialties right in Garden City.
- Best Western Plus Emerald Inn & Suites, 2412 E Kansas Ave, ☏ . Not just an indoor pool, but an indoor saltwater pool.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, 2502 E. Kansas Ave., ☏ . Breakfast, indoor pool and fitness center.
|Routes through Garden City|
|Albuquerque ← Lamar ←||W E||→ Dodge City → Kansas City|
|Pueblo ← Lamar ← ends ←||W E||→ Dodge City → Hutchinson/Wichita|
|North Platte ← Oakley ←||N S||→ Liberal → Shamrock|