Hutchinson is a city in Central Kansas.
Greyhound bus lines (Phone number: +1 620-663-8622) has a stop at 200 E AVE A. Buses operate between Wichita and Salina with stops at Lindsborg, Mcpherson and Newton.
Amtrak's daily Chicago-Los Angeles Southwest Chief line stops in Hutchinson. This stop has no ticket office and no Quik-Trak ticket machine so tickets must be purchased at another station or online. The station is at North Walnut Street and East 3rd Avenue. The local bus route 1 north blue and 2 east purple stop near Main Street and East 2nd Ave.
Reno County Area Transit (RCAT) provides bus service in the city. Phone: +1 620-694-2913. Fares are $1. Buses run 6AM until 7PM Monday through Friday. On Saturdays, buses run between 7AM and 6PM. There is no bus service on Sunday. The bus fare is $1 for one ride. A pass good for 30 rides costs $27. A ticket book for 10 rides costs $10. Buy passes from the transit office at 120 West Avenue B. The main transit hub is at South Adams Street and West Avenue A.
- Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center, 1100 North Plum St, toll-free: .
- Kansas Underground Salt Museum, 3504 East Avenue G (On Airport Road between Highway 50 and the airport), toll-free: . Explore a salt mine 650 feet underground. Features a museum located underground and a "dark ride" tour. $15 adults/$10 children.
- Reno County Museum, 100 South Walnut & Avenue A, ☎ .
- [formerly dead link]Dillon Nature Center, 3002 East 30th (On 30th Ave just east of K-61), ☎ . 8AM to dusk. A 100-acre nature park with ponds and hiking trails. There is also a visitor center featuring indoor educational exhibits. Free.
- Hedrick's Exotic Animal Farm, 7910 N. Roy L. Smith Rd. Nickerson, KS (8 miles west of Hutchinson on Highway 96 near Nickerson), toll-free: . A bed & breakfast and exotic animal farm. Call ahead for reservations.
- Yoder Amish Community, Yoder, Kansas (11 miles southeast of Hutchinson on K-96). Yoder is a small Amish community. Visit the downtown shops and try the Carriage Crossing restaurant.
- [dead link]Carey Park (Located at the south end of Hutchinson). Large park with a golf course, the Hutchinson Zoo, and Salt City Splash water park.
Try out some of the nice water parks
- 1 [formerly dead link]Salt City Splash Aquatic Center. - located in Hutchinson
- Jillian's Italian Grill - $$$ - an upper-class Italian sit-down restaurant near downtown with a romantic ambiance. No dress code, but tabs for one person normally run north of $25.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1601 Super Plaza Ave, ☎ .
- [dead link]Hutchinson Microtel Inn & Suites, 1420 N. Lorraine, ☎ , fax: .
|Routes through Hutchinson|
|Albuquerque ← Dodge City ←||W E||→ Newton → Kansas City|
|Pueblo ← Dodge City ←||W E||→ Newton → Kansas City|
|Ends at ←||S N||→ McPherson → Ends at|
|Pueblo ← becomes ← Lyons ←||W E||→ Wichita → Ends at|