Newton is a city in Harvey County, Kansas.
- Amtrak Provides daily train service on the Southwest Chief line(Los Angeles to Chicago). Trains arrive at 3 in the morning, so you'll most likely want to hire a taxi or rent a car.
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (IATA: ICT) located 53 km (33 miles) south of Newton, is the nearest commercial airport. Regular flights are available to Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis/St. Paul and Phoenix. Car rental is available.
- The Beeline express links Newton with Wichita and Salina. Through ticketing is available for Greyhound passengers and tickets can be purchased on Greyhound.com. The bus station is located at 1608 East 1st Street.
- Kauffman Museum, 27th and North Main, North Newton (in North Newton, opposite Bethel College.), ☎ . Tu - Fr 9:30 - 16:30; Sa - Su 13:30 - 16:30. Focuses primarily on Mennonite settlement on the North American plains, but also the regional fauna and flora and a collection of local historical artifacts. Also has a restored farm house, barn, windmill and tall grass prairie on its property. Adults $6, Children 6-16 $4.
- The Bread Basket, 219 N. Main St (downtown), ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Family-oriented buffet. Has a popular German (read: Mennonite) buffet on Friday and Saturday evenings.
Serenity Silo, 507 Ivy Drive, North Newton (in North Newton), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. A converted barn complete with former grain silo, sleeps up to six. Includes a kitchen and breakfast supplies. No children under 12. $75+.
|Routes through Newton|
|Albuquerque ← Hutchinson ←||W E||→ Topeka → Kansas City|
|Salina ← McPherson ←||N S||→ Park City → Wichita|
|Dodge City ← Hutchinson ←||W E||→ Peabody → Kansas City|