Giridih, is headquarters of the district of the same name in Jharkhand. It is a mining town.
- By rail - 38 km from Madhupur on the Howrah-Delhi main line. Madhupur is 294 km from Kolkata. There is a branch line from Madhupur to Giridih. There is single passenger train which run 5 times during the day and it takes about an hour to reach Giridih. Parasnath railway station, on the Howrah-Delhi grand chord line, is 48 km from Giridih. The adjacent town is called Isri, it is on Grand Trunk Road.
- By bus - regular buses connect it with Munger, Dhanbad( 65 km from Giridih), Bhagalpur, Koderma and other places. Dumri on Grand Trunk Road (NH 2) is about 45 km from Giridih.
- 1 Khandoli Reservoir. 10 km from Giridh, it is a water reservoir, one of the best sites for water-related adventure sports and bird watching.
A water reservoir some 10 km North-East of Giridih headquarters is one of the best site for water related adventure sports and bird-watching.
A watch tower and 600 feet high hillock offers a panoramic view of Khandoli site.Elephant and Camel Safari and numbers of other amusement facilities are available there including boating, Rock-climbing Parasailing and Kayaking.
How to reach: Nearest railway station is Giridih. Taxis are available from railway station and bus stand.
- 2 Harihar Dham. This is a famous Shivlinga temple A small hamlet about 60 km South-west of Giridih district headquarter under Bagodar Block possesses the largest Shiva Linga of India. Its height is 65 ft. People from all over India come here every year on Shrawan Purnima to worship.
- Langta Baba Samadhi Sthal (in Kharagdiha, some 30 km to west of the town). Langta baba was a saint of the locality, and is worshiped like a god. Offering chadar to his samadhi is a ritual followed here. You can take back a chadar in lieu of the offered chadar which is an auspicious possession.
- 3 Surya Temple (Surya Mandir), Mirzaganj (Stop here while returning from Langta Baba Samadhi). This is a nice and beautiful temple built in the middle of a lake in the shape of a lotus flower.
- 4 Sri Kabir Gyan Mandir, Sihodih Sirisia (2-3 Km from Bus terminus And Railway Station), ☏ . An institution which spreads the message of Sant Kabir and Sanatan Dharma. It has beautiful temple Guru Govind Dham and Kabir Gyan Darshan with murals and paintings based on life of Sant Kabir, Vedas.
- 5 Usri Falls. 14 km away from Giridh, Three Wheeler Autoricksaws are available as the main local transport here.A famous picnic spot situated about 14 km east of Giridih town Amidst in the range of the famous Parasnath Hills ,the Usri River gushes down from a steep gorge , some 40 feet high in three separate streams.
How to reach: Nearest Railway Station is Giridih. Taxi and Auto Rikshaw are available from railway Station and bus Stand.
- Sammed Sikharji (Shikharji) (By Car).
- Enjoy scenic beauty of Khandoli dam,Watch classic movies in Orbit miniplex or savera theater, have good food at Madhuban vegis, hotel Vrindavan , hotel Ashoka International, hotel Orbit retreat or gally Hotel.
- If you are old and retired, Giridih is a nice place to spend the rest of your life in peace and harmony.
- Parasnath is one of the famous holy place for Jain people.
A must watch is the jungles near by. climb christian hill. Go to beniadih coal mines. try to trek from bengabaad to pachamba through the forests.
try to trek from maheshmunda to sugga pahari.. off track
Kheerkadam from any of these shops tripti, natraj.
- Kheerkadam (from any of these shops), Tripti, Natraj..
- Bashir ki chaat (near Abdul Qayyum Girls' School). Yummy chaat.
- Beniadih (2.5 km from ccl dav, near sale office). Snacks and sweets 2.5 to 10.
- Bewakuf Hotel.
- Hotel Galy International.
- Khalsa Hindu Hotel.
- Lakshmi Hotel.
- Madhuban Vegis. Vegetarian menu.
- Nandan Hotel.
- Nikhar Hotel.
- Padam Hotel.
- Red Chilly.
- Hotel Galy International, ☏ . Rooms ₹300-₹1200..
- Hotel Kaveri, ☏ . Rooms ₹200-₹300..
- Hotel Manas Sarovar, ☏ . Rooms ₹300-₹600..
- Hotel Swagat, ☏ . Rooms ₹200-₹500..
- Milan Bar.
- Rimjhim Bar.
- Shivam Dhaba.
- Parasnath Hills – about 40 km from Giridh, it is a Jain pilgrimage centre.
- Deoghar – 112 km, it is Hindu pilgrimage centre.