Gretna is a city in Eastern Nebraska.
- 1 Holy Family Shrine, 23132 Pflug Road (Take Exit 432 off I-80 and head south on NE-31, turn left on Pflug Road), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Mon-Sat 10AM-5PM, Sun Noon-5PM. Completed in 2002, this Catholic church quickly became famous for its architectural design and commanding location. The chapel walls are constructed almost entirely out of glass, allowing unobstructed view of the farmland and prairie surrounding the building. The rest of the site is constructed in a flowing, modernist style. Please keep in mind that this is a working church. No drones, no commercial photography, and appropriate dress is expected. Services are held Sunday at 10AM.
- 1 Vala's Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard, 12102 S 180th St (Head east on NE-370 E/W Gruenther Rd, turn right onto S 180th St, then right onto Schram Rd), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Sun-Thrus 9AM-9PM, Fri-Sat 9AM-10PM. Open seasonally from late September to October 31st, this pumpkin patch/theme park combination is great for children. Lots of fair foods to eat and a fun way to spend the day. Check the calendar for when opening day is. $13.95/person Mon-Thurs, $17.95/person Fri-Sun.
- 2 Schramm Park State Recreation Area, 21502 W Hwy 31 (Take exit 432 off I-80 and head south of NE-31 for 5 miles), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 9AM-5PM. This park has 4 hiking trails with plenty of nature viewing. The education center features an aquarium and touch tank, along with virtual mountain bikes for an additional cost of $10 for adults, $7 for children. Remnants of the state's first fish hatchery are now a museum and can be explored as well. No overnight camping. Day use only. $6/car for Nebraska residents, $8/car for non-Nebraska residents.
- 1 Nebraska Crossing Outlets, 21209 Nebraska Crossing Dr (North of Exit 432 off I-80.), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Mon-Sat 10AM-8PM, Sun 11AM-6PM, Individual locations may vary. This outlet mall boasts the largest Under Armour store in the US. Anchors include brands such as Adidas, Nike, TJ Maxx, and Ralph Lauren. Also home to several restaurants, including Voodoo Taco.
- 1 We'll Smoke U BBQ, 11773 US-6, ☏ . Mon-Thurs 11AM-7PM, Fri-Sat 11AM-8PM, Closed Sunday. Meat, meat, and more meat. Come with an empty stomach as you can even order meat by the pound. A cozy setting with outdoor dining available.
- 2 Billy's Gretna Cafe, 20596 NE-370 (Near the intersection of US-6/NE-31 and NE-370.), ☏ . Mon-Sat 6:30AM-2PM, Sun 7AM-1PM. A good place for breakfast or a quick lunch. Large portions and friendly staff make this a great place to kickstart the day. Cash Only.
- 3 Brag N Rights Bar & Grill, 115 N McKenna Ave, ☏ . Mon 11AM-2PM, Tues-Thurs 11AM-10PM, Fri-Sat 11AM-Midnight, Sun Closed. This small, hometown bar and grill is great way to spend a Friday night. Hosts live music as well.
There are no motels or hotels in the city of Gretna, but there are some accommodations outside the city. There are several hotels in nearby La-Vista.
- 1 Super 8 by Wyndham Gretna, 14355 Highway 31, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Located next to the Nebraska Crossing Outlet mall. Rooms are cheap and it's close to Gretna. $66/night starting.
- 2 KOA West Omaha/ NE Lincoln, 14601 US-6 (Head south on US-6 W, follow for 6 miles), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Offering amenities for RVs and motorhomes. This KOA also has cabins for rent and tent campgrounds for travelers. Everything you would expect from a KOA site.
Free wireless internet is available at the Gretna Public library and select businesses.
The Gretna Breeze is the local newspaper, which is a subsidy of the larger Omaha-World Herald.
- Visit Ashland and explore Mahoney State Park or see the Strategic Air and Space Museum.
- Visit Lincoln to explore various museums and shopping there or catch a University of Nebraska football game.
- Explore Omaha, the largest city in the state and visit the Old Market downtown.
|Routes through Gretna|
|York ← Lincoln ←||W E||→ Omaha → Council Bluffs|
|Hastings ← Ashland ←||W E||→ Omaha → Council Bluffs|