Guararema is a small touristic town in Grande São Paulo. The city's government invested massively in tourism in the last few years, so there are several well-maintained attractions and charming places to eat at.
Founded in the 17th century by the Catholic priests bringing converted native Brazilians, the area used to be a district of the city of Mogi das Cruzes. The train station, its central symbol, was a station in the stretch of Brazil Central Railway line (EFCB - Estrada de Ferro Central do Brasil) that connected Mogi das Cruzes with Jacareí, operating from 1876 to the 1970s.
- Rodovia Presidente Dutra
- Iron Bridge (Ponte de Ferro).
- Municipal Museum (Museu Municipal) (in the old central station).
- Pau D'alho (Recanto do Américo).
- Pedra Montada Municipal Park, Parque Municipal da Pedra Montada.
- Mirante do Paraíba, Rua Admeleto Gasparini, 4509, ☏ .
- Cais do Porto, Rua Doutor Falcão. Dance club.
- Olaria Bar, Praça do Coreto. Bar.
- Teutonia (next to the station). Beer hall.
- Guararema Parque Hotel, Rua D’ Ajuda, 438.
- Vale do Sonho Hotel & Eventos, Rua João Barbosa de Oliveira, 1888, ☏ .
|Routes through Guararema|
|São Paulo ← Santa Isabel ←||S N||→ Jacareí → São José dos Campos|