South America > Brazil > Southeast (Brazil) > São Paulo (state) > Grande São Paulo > Mogi das CruzesJump to navigation Jump to search
Mogi das Cruzes is a city in the state of São Paulo. The city has gained prominence as a regional tourism destination, after it became one of the three destinations of São Paulo's touristic train line (Expresso Turístico CPTM).
- Centennial Park of Japanese Immigration (Parque Centenário da Imigração Japonesa). Tu-Su 8AM-6PM. Commemorating 100 years of Japanese immigration to Brazil, this 215,000-m² park has 4 lakes, walking trails, playgrounds, a Museum of Japanese Immigration, and a replica of the Kasato Maru, the first ship to disembark at the port at Santos with Japanese immigrants.
- 1 Sabaúna district, R. José Paniaguá Sanchez. Sabaúna is a quiet village founded in the 19th century, about 16.5 km from the city center. The main landmark of the village is its train station, inaugurated in 1893 and deactivated in 1986.
- Leon Feffer Park (Parque Leon Feffer).
- Neblinas Park (Parque das Neblinas), on the boundary with Bertioga. Daily 9AM-5PM. A private reserve with almost 300,000 hectares next to Serra do Mar State Park with guided nature trails varying in level from easy to expert and opportunities for mountain biking and canoeing.
- Urubu Peak (Pico do Urubu). The highest point in the city gives a panoramic view of the city.