Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gusau is a city in Zamfara State, North West Nigeria. It is the administrative capital of Zamfara State.
Zamfara used to be a part of Hausaland in the 16th century. Gusau City was one of the ancient cities in the Zamfara Kingdom. It shares borders with Kebbe and Kano. Most people in Gusau, about 95% practice the Islamic religion. In 1999, Governor Ahmed Sani (Yariman Bakura) declared Sharia Law as the ruling law to be practised. It remains in effect.
- 1 Gusau Airport (Gusau Airstrip). Gusau airstrip is serving the region of Gusau and Zamfara state. Its longest runway is 4,800 feet/1,463 meters long.
- Zamfara State Museum (in the home of J.B. Yakubu Secretariat). A national museum owned by the Zamfara State History Bureau. The museum features some of the relics and artefacts of ancient Zamfara Kingdom and thrones, scriptures and maps.
- National Gallery of Art, Zamfara, 29 Canteen Rd, Gusau. It is a parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation, Nigeria responsible for the collection, preservation, documentation and presentation of Nigeria’s contemporary plastic arts with headquarters at the prowling city of Abuja, capital of Nigeria but has branches in the six geo-political zones in Nigeria.
- 1 Gusau Dam. The Gusau Dam forms a reservoir on the Sokoto River. The Sokoto river flows north-west passing into Zamfara State through Gusau. It supplies water to the city and neighbouring villages.
- 1 Gusau Amusement Park. 8AM-7PM. An amusement park where the family can hang out. Amenities are well kept as a gym for fitness enthusiasts. Cool and serene ambience.
- 1 Delight Super Stores, Tudun Wada, Kaura Namoda Road, ☏ +234 806 726 6801. 8AM-11PM daily. Groceries, beverages, gift items, household items etc. Also delivers.
- 2 Rogo Super Store, Shopping Complex, Ahamadu Bello Way. 24 hours daily. Provision and grocery store.
- 1 Bilkebab Chops N Coffee Gusau, Old MTN Office, Zaria Rd, ☏ +234 903 888 9880. Daily 8AM-10PM. Local and inter-continental cuisines.
- 1 Crystal Merit Suite and Apartments, No. 14 Olusegun Obasanjo Dr, Unguan Yerima, ☏ +234 905 675 4568. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. A 3-star hotel with free parking, free breakfast, restaurant, air conditioning, laundry services, dry cleaning, garden, and event hall. Double ₦9,440 per night.
- 2 Bliss Luxury Guest Inn, Jamyau Gabbas Area. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. Security, air conditioning, adequate parking space, free Wireless Internet access, and laundry services. Standard Single ₦5,000, Luxury Single ₦5,500, Superior Double ₦7,900, Executive Double ₦7,900, Executive Suite ₦11,500.
- 3 Copas Haven Motel, Off Gaba Biyu (Behind Trailer Workshop.). A 3-star restaurant that offers 24-hour electricity, concierge, bar and security.
- 4 Green Scenery Hotel, KM 2 Kaura Namoda Road. Check-in: 9AM, check-out: 2PM. Restaurant, bar, parking space. Classic Room ₦10,000, Executive Room ₦12,000, Suite ₦15,000.
- 5 Karma Guest Inn, Gusau Sokoto By Pass, Gusau. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: noon. A budget hotel in Gusau in a serene environment. It features a restaurant, event hall and bush bar. Each room is tastefully designed with modern art and ornate rugs. The rooms are fully furnished, fitted with air conditioning, armchairs, center table, refrigerator, cable TV and a private bathroom. Guests can order meals and drinks from the onsite restaurant and bar. Dining room is available. The hotel has a gift shop. It also has a multipurpose hall which can be rented out for various events and ceremonies. The hotel premises is fully guarded by security personnel and has ample parking space. Dry cleaning, car hire and 24-hour room service are rendered. Also babies and kids under the age 16 years can stay in the hotel for free. Executive Standard ₦12,000, Luxury Double ₦15,000, Executive Luxruy ₦20,000, Executive suite ₦30,000, Presidential suite ₦40,000.
- Kuyambana Game Reserve (about 100 km south of Gusau). Kuyambana Game Reserve covers a vast forest area and is home to different wide animals. Kuyambana Game Reserve extends from the Dajin Rugu to the Kontagora forest.