Kaduna is the fourth largest state in Nigeria.
Kaduna's name is derived from the Hausa word kada, for crocodile (kaduna being the plural form). Its population was estimated to be 1.1 million in 2020.
- 1 Kaduna International Airport (KAD IATA) (22 km (14 mi) northwest of the city). Frequent daily flights from Lagos (1 hr 15 min, US$34 one-way) on Aero Nigeria, and Dana Airlines.
Kaduna is also on the route of the planned Lagos–Kano Standard Gauge Railway, which has been completed between the national capital of Abuja and Kaduna. Trains for Abuja depart from the Rigasa Railway Station in Kaduna.
- 1 Lugard Footbridge. The footbridge was built when Nigeria was under colonial rule.The bridge was built by Sir Frederic Lugard the Governor General Northern Nigeria Protectorate and Protectorate of Southern Nigeria, in 1904 at the capital of the northern protectorate of Nigeria called Zungeru. It was reconstructed in 1920 after it was moved to the gate of Kaduna.
- 2 National Commission for Museums and Monuments, Kaduna, Plot 47 Ali Akilu Road, City Centre, ☏ . 8AM-6PM. It is a museum with historical and ancient artefacts telling the story of Kaduna people.
- 3 Kajuru Castle, ☏ . 24 hr. A tourist site with a resort hotel, a stone villa designed like a medieval castle with turrets and dungeons. Wheelchair-accessible and appropriate for children. Lodging overnight available.
- 4 Splash Park formerly Kofar Gamji Park, No 6 swimming pool road, Gamji St. 24 hr. A place of fun with water slides, space for picnics, clean and safe. It also has a zoo.
- Ahmadu Bello Stadium, on crossing the bridge you meet the stadium roundabout on your left Constitution road you gain entrance into the stadium.
- Kaduna Polytechnic Main Campus. Kaduna Polytechnic has four branches: Sabo, Barnawa, Ugwan Rimi and Tudun Wada campus. Tudun Wada campus is the main campus.
- Kaduna Central market: provisions, furnitures, electronics, generators. The market can be accessed from different angles through zaria that is the North Kawo sides. you can get to the market from the south through yakuwa expressway I'm from this house you coming from command junction and from the East coming from bypass that is to the mother bypass that links to air Force base
- NNPC Quarters, at sabo opposite u/borrow by the roadside leading to refinery junction underneath wall is the part to village.
- Garment spa laundry and dry cleaners. Garment spa laundry and dry cleaners is located at number 2 constitution road that is, off amadu Bello way.
- Makarfi Plaza is the biggest plaza in Kaduna town having underground building and 4-storey building at it top of it.
- Kagoro mountain is the tallest mountain in the middlebelt.
- Pottery is highly prized from Kaduna, especially from the Nok culture.
- Fruits, you can buy most of your fruit around stadium round about. There fruits are cheap and affordable
- 1 Byblos Restaurant, Abakwa, 2 Waziri Ibrahim Cres, City Centre, ☏ . 9AM to 3PM reopens 6:30PM. A nice eatery in the city centre that offers dine in, takeaway and delivery services.
- 2 The Courtyard Restaurant, 16 Galadima Road, Off Alkali Road, ☏ . 9AM to 9PM. A restaurant that offers dine in, takeaway and delivery services.
- Gwandu Restaurant (Gwandu Restaurant), Kontagora Rd, Kakuri, ☏ . 8AM-10PM. Gwandu Restaurant offers delivery, takeaway, dine-in services. Good for kids. The sitting is in groups. ₦1,250 for 2 people.
Bars and restaurants that serve alcoholic drinks tend to be in the city's southern part. In the north, some hotels do not serve alcohol.
- 1 Command Guest House, Muhammadu Buhari Way. A large open air bar in the grounds of the guest house. They serve beers, good fresh fish from the barbecue and sometimes have live music.
Not all hotels have bars that serve alcoholic drinks. So if that is important, check first. Hotels in the south of the city are more likely to have bars.
- 1 Quarter House Hotel, #2 Ogbadu Road, ☏ . Perfectly adequate hotel on the northern side of town. Air conditioned rooms, wifi and a restaurant. No beer here! ₦22,000.
- 2 Hotel Seventeen Limited, Phase 1, 6 Tafawa Balewa, Lafia Road, Barnawa, ☏ . High level rooms available including a pool, spa, free parking, bar, fitness centre, free Wi-Fi. Has a great location.
- 3 Assa Pyramid Hotel, 13 Lafia Road, City Centre, ☏ . A comfortable place to be.