Most people arrive with the free ferry from Oulunsalo on the mainland. The ferry takes both cars and lighter traffic. In the winter when the ice is strong enough it is possible to drive to the island without taking the ferry.
- The sand dunes and the nature.
- Hailuoto church.
- Marjaniemi lighthouse and wind turbine park.
- Luovon puoji, Luovontie 231. Handicraft store.
- Ravintola Iltalento, Luovontie 137.
- Sinisen pyörän kievari, Viinikantie 23.
If you like to prepare your own food: two grocery store chains, K-Market and Sale are present in the main village.
- Hailuodon Huikku. A cafe at the cable ferry harbor.
- Cafe Bar Haiku, Luovontie 150. The local's "living room", in the main village next to the K-market.
- Alko Order Point (Alkon tilauspalvelupiste). If you would like a bottle of something stronger than beer, the government's alcohol monopoly store operates an "order point" in the K-market store where you can order beverages to be delivered later the same day.
Go back to the mainland by ferry.