Jump to navigation Jump to search
Highway 7 E18 between Helsinki and the Russian border passes through Hamina.
Kotkanaikataulut.fi has information about local bus routes and timetables.
- Smartphone apps: Valopilkku, 02 Taksi
- Hamina fortress.
- The circular town plan. The town plan of Hamina is quite unique, with the town hall as the middle point the streets of the city are either encircling it or leading towards it.
- Kotka — Hamina's bigger brother, 26 km to the west.
- Lappeenranta — A major shopping destination for Russian tourists at the southern shore of Lake Saimaa, 88 km north.
- Russia — If you have a valid visa (or don't require one) the border crossing at Vaalimaa is about 30 km east. Nearby destinations in Russia include Vyborg.
|Routes through Hamina|
|Helsinki ← Kotka ←||W E||→ Vaalimaa border crossing → Vyborg (Вы́борг) → END|
|Helsinki ← Kotka ←||W E||→ Vaalimaa border crossing → Vyborg (Вы́борг) → Saint Petersburg|