Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The easiest way to get into Hanau would be via Frankfurt, whose Frankfurt International Airport lies only 30 kilometers away. Frankfurt main station can be reached by both S-Bahn and train. Other train stations are Westbahnhof (close to the city center), Wilhelmsbad Bahnhof and Nordbahnhof. The S-Bahn also stops in Steinheim.
- ICE stop: Frankfurt - Hannover - Hamburg, Frankfurt - Hildesheim - Berlin, Frankfurt - Leipzig - Dresden, Frankfurt - Würzburg - Nürnberg - München; Hanau was also served by Locomore - a private operator. Locomore filed for bankruptcy and ended all services in May 2017. The company hopes to be able to restart services by finding new investors..
- Reachable by car as sandwiched between the A3, A66 and A45
- The Hanauer Straßenbahn operates a well developed system of public buses. Freiheitsplatz is the central bus station, right in the city centre.
- There is a direct S-Bahn connection from the main station to Frankfurt and Wiesbaden. Via Frankfurt, many other nearby cities and towns can be reached by train. A train station in the city centre is Westbahnhof, from which a train to Frankfurt leaves every half an hour.
- Cycling is another option, since there are many bicycle lanes. Many of the main sights are also in walking distance from each other.
- 1 Goldschmiedehaus (Altes Rathaus), Altstädter Markt 6, ☏ . German House of Goldsmiths (old town hall of Hanau)
- Neustädter Rathaus (new town hall).
- 2 Brüder Grimm-Nationaldenkmal (Grimm Brothers National Memorial), Am Markt. Sculpture of brothers Grimm
- 3 Schloss Philippsruhe (Philippsruhe palace), Philippsruher Allee 47.
- 4 Bad Wilhelmsbad, Kesselstädter Str.. Historic Spa of Wilhelmsbad, with site of historical carousel
- 5 Hessisches Puppenmuseum (Puppet Museum), Parkpromenade 4.
- Brothers Grimm festival (Brüder Grimm festspiele): . Mid-May through July. A theatre festival focused on the wodks of the Brothers Grimm. (date needs fixing)
- The farmer's market on the market square every Wednesday and Saturday is one of the biggest farmer's markets in Hesse and offers a wide choice of regional products.
- The newly opened Forum Hanau is a shopping centre directly next to the central bus station.
- Jazzkeller Hanau, Philippsruher Allee 22. All kinds of drinks, including apple wine, and live music on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Brückenkopf, Wilhelmstrasse 15a. Cheap drinks and regional food, occasional live music events.
- 1 Arcadia Hotel Hanau, Kurt-Blaum-Platz 6, ☏ .
- 2 Villa Stokkum, Steinheimer Vorstadt 70, ☏ .
- 3 Birkenhof, Von-Eiff-Straße 37-41, ☏ .