- By train: Seligenstadt station of Odenwald Railway between Hanau and Babenhausen.
- By car: Federal Road B469 which intersects the highways A3 and A45 near Seligenstadt.
- By ferry: There is a car ferry to the Bavarian bank of the Main river.
- By bicycle: Limes-Radweg and Main-Radweg.
- Historical city. with small roads and many timber framing buildings. Guided tours on Saturday 12:30 at Einhardhaus (Tourist-Info at the market place)
- 1 Einhardbasilika (Einhard-Basilika, St. Marcellinus and Petrus). landmark of the city, 13th century
- Benediktinerabtei (former Benedictine Abbey), Klosterhof 2, ☎ . including court, gardens and mill
- Stadtbefestigung (fortification). remainders of several wall sections and towers
- Wasserturm (water tower). second landmark
- Palatium. at Main (ruin of a Kaiserpfalz)
- Wasserburg Seligenstadt (water castle). built around 1700, in Klein-Welzheim, a quarter of Seligenstadt.
- Fastnachtsmuseum, Frankfurter Str. 9, ☎ .
- Landschaftsmuseum, Klosterhof 2, ☎ . pre- and protohistory, ethnology, arts and crafts, history of town and abbey
- Flipper- und Arcademuseum, Wilhelm-Leuschner-Straße 6. you can also play with most of the exhibited flippers
There are shipping tours on the Main. If you come in the right season you should participate in the Rose Monday.
Besides small shops there is a market in front of the town hall on saturday morning.
You will find several nice restaurants near the market.
Glaabsbräu, a beer brewed in the city of Seligenstadt.