Jump to navigation Jump to search
The town is small enough to walk around easily.
- 1 Hanmer Springs, 42 Amuri Ave. Daily 10:00–21:00. The town is built around hot springs, called Hanmer Springs. You can laze in a variety of hot pools, some smelling of sulphur, some filtered and not smelly. Adult $35, senior (60+) $22, child (5–15) $20.
- Walk. There are lots walking trails going through the woods, ranging from flat and easy to steep and challenging.
- Mountain biking is very popular, with a great variety of track guides available to purchase from the Hanmer Information point.
- There are three quad biking tour companies in town available, offering trail rides through the spectacular high country landscape.
- 1 Saints Cafe, Restaurant & Bar, 6 Jacks Pass Rd. is a popular local joint, serving up delicious gourmet pizzas, with exotic flavours like Moroccan Lamb and Chicken and Cranberry. They make the toppings and bases themselves, and are a sure hit for sharing. The menu is very extensive and includes an a-la-carte menu, Stonegrill menu (400 degree stone with your meal cooking as it is served to you) and kids menu too. mains around $30.
Saints Café, Restaurant & Bar is where all the nightlife happens. They have regular live music and almost something happening after 22:00.
Plenty of motels.
- 1 Hanmer Apartments, 4 Woodbank Rd, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 13:00 onwards, check-out: before 10:00. Modern, affordable, spacious, 2 bedroom luxury in 4.5 star + units. Free WI-FI, bike hire, pool towels and DVDs. Disabled access, all non-smoking, private patios, SKY TV, air-conditioned, kids play area. $159.
- 2 Hanmer Backpackers, 41 Conical Hill Rd.
- 3 Heritage Hanmer Springs, 1 Conical Hill Rd, ☏ . Four star hotel with self-contained 3-bedroom villas.