Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Main article: Rail travel in New Zealand
- 1 St Paul's Church - Glenmark, 173 Church Rd, Glenmark. Church built in 1906, in an English style. Built from stone and brick with kauri and rimu timber inside.
- 1 Weka Pass Railway, ☏ , email@example.com. Train excursions on a 14-km track between Glenmark Station in Waipara and Waikari Station every 1st and 3rd Su of the month, every Su in Jan and most public holidays. Trains are usually hauled by an "A" Class "Pacific" steam locomotive built in 1909. Adult $18 one way, $30 return; child $10 and $12.
- Wine tours. Pinot Noir and Riesling are the specialties here.
- 1 Waipara Fuelstop 24/7, cnr SH1 & Mount Cass Rd. Automated petrol and diesel pumps.
- Waipara Gardens & Post Office, 63 Glenmark Dr. M-F 8-10:30am. This dairy is the only staffed retail outlet in town these days.
- Fossil Point Cafe & Gallery, 1 Valley Rd, Greta Valley (21 km north of Waipara). F 9am-9pm, Sa–Su 8am-4pm.
- 1 Waipara Springs Winery & Cafe, 409 Omihi Rd (State Highway 1) (just north of the town).
- 1 Greystone Wines, 376 Omihi Road, Waipara, Canterbury 7483, New Zealand, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 11:00-17:00. Greystone is 100% certified organic. Home to New Zealand's 2018 'Winemaker of the Year', Dom Maxwell, Greystone was also named New Zealand's 2018 'Winery of the Year'. Greystone is best known for their Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1 Waipara Sleepers, 12 Glenmark Dr, ☏ . Sleep in converted historic railway wagons, each on its wheels on a piece of railway track. Tent site $20, van site $25, bunk $25, huts and wagons $40–50 sgl, $60–70 for two.
- Kaikoura – north, up the coast
- Hanmer Springs – north, inland
- Kaiapoi – south, towards Christchurch
- Rangiora – south, towards Christchurch
|Routes through Waipara|
|Blenheim ← Kaikoura ←||N S||→ Kaiapoi → Christchurch|
|Greymouth ← Hanmer Springs ←||W E||→ END|