Heathfield is a town in East Sussex, in the High Weald. This is an area of outstanding natural beauty. Situated near the Kentish border there are also excellent views of the South Downs and the coast in the south and marvellous views towards Mayfield and over Ashdown Forest.
- 1 Heathfield Park. country house and walled park
For cyclists and ramblers Heathfield is at the northern end of the Cuckoo Trail, which runs to Polegate (which is the southern terminus of the trail) via the small villages of Horam, Hellingly and Horsebridge and, of course, through the thriving market town of Hailsham via the dismantled railway line, formerly known as the Cuckoo Line. It was a victim of the 1960s Beeching cuts. Naturally, the positive side to this is that we gained the wonderful cuckoo trail from these cuts. remnants of the railway, such as sidings, railway buildings and former platforms are still visible along the way and may be of interest to any rail enthusiasts.
Wine connoisseurs may wish to visit the vineyard at Waldron, to see how wine is made and sample the local wine made here.
- Urban Jump Trampoline Park, Ghyll Road Industrial Estate, TN21 8AW, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Trampolines, a soft play area and an Urban Rainforest Experience all under one roof.
There are a variety of restaurants in Heathfield.
- New Evergreen, Marshlands Lane. Chinese restaurant
- 1 Heathfield Tandoori, 55 High Street, ☏ . Indian restaurant
- Volkan Grill, High Street. kebab restaurant
- May Garland Inn, Horam, ☏ .
Not far to the east of Heathfield is the village of Burwash, a picturesque village. Located there is Batemans, which is a 17th-century Jacobean house managed by the National Trust, which is well worth a visit.