Jump to navigation Jump to search
Henichesk (Гені́чеськ) is a port city of 20,000 people (2019) on the Sea of Azov in Eastern Ukraine.
The population speaks mostly Russian.
It is 210 km E of Kherson.
To the station "Novoalekseevka", then, by minibus or taxi to the city.
- Church of Nativity (Церковь Рождества Богородицы), Ul. Krasnaya Oktobrya (ул. Кр. Октября). Built in 1906, in the Russian-Byzantine style. In Soviet times, was used as a gym and a granary. Since 1996 returned to the church.
- 1 Arched gate Kalimbetov (Арочный ворота Калимбета). The only thing that remains of the Kalimbeta Manor. Built in 1909.
- 2 History Museum, Ul. Vidrodzhennia at Prospect Muri, ☏ . M-Th 08:00-17:00, F 08:00-16:00. A collection of the nature of the region and the history of the city. Main interest: mammoth ivory stele from the Sarmatian period, bowsprit medieval vessel, antique amphoraes, paintings by Kupriyanov, dioramas: Azov Sea and the Biruchiy Island, an ethnographic collection from 18th-19th centuries.
- Children's Beach (Детский пляж), Vul. Sverdlova (Свердлова вул.) (in Utlyukskom estuary (Утлюкском лиман)). About 200 m from the shore the depth "knee", then "by the throat", and another ~60-m fairway starts 10-m deep and large current! The bottom is sticky clay ("Mulyak"), which is curative, but by the middle of the day due to bathing water becomes very muddy.
- Adult beach (Взрослый пляж) (on the shore of the Strait of Tonkyi (пролива Тонкий )). There are possible as quite strong currents. You must be careful.
- 1 Biruchiy island (Бирючий остров), Henichesk area (extended south-eastern of Fedotova Spit (Федотовой коса)). This area 8s part of the territory of the Azov-Sivash National Natural Park (Азово-Сивашский национальный природный парк). Wildlife: deers, fallow deers, Ussurian raccoon dogs, partridges, pheasants, wild geese and ducks, egrets.
- 2 Arabatsky sand spit (Арабатская стрелка), Henichesk area (it separates the bay from Siwash Azov Sea; by bus you must go to Henichesk; By train should leave the station Novoalekseevka (Новоалексеевка)). A popular and inexpensive resort area in which there are about 100 resorts. Sizes: length 112 km and width from 270 m to 7 km. The northern part of the arrow near Genichesk finishes by narrow straits. The southern part is directly adjacent to the Kerch Peninsula (Crimea). At the southern end, near the village of Solianoie (Соляное) is the Arabatsky fortress remains. It is a good place for hiking, sailing, biking, warm silky sand lonely beaches. Take plenty water and food, there are shops only at the ends of spit!