Henrietta is home to the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT).
Henrietta is at the junction of Interstate 90 (the New York State Thruway) and Interstate 390.
Surprisingly possible depending upon where you are going. There is a network of trails that keeps you away from the main roads.
- Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA). Henrietta is served by routes 24/24a, 68, and 91. Two additional routes service the RIT area: Park Point & Perkins Green and Province & Colony Manor. Schedules for each route are available for download. $1-2/ride (depending on distance), $3/day.
A car is easily the best way to get around Henrietta. Although traffic is heavy, the roads are fairly wide so you won't sit in traffic much.
- 1 Tinker Homestead and Farm Museum (Tinker Cobblestone Farmstead), 1585 Calkins Rd, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. T-Sa 10AM-2PM, by appt only. Cobblestone farmhouse built in 1828, now a museum dedicated to farm life in the late 1800s. Free.
- 2 Antoinette Louisa Brown Blackwell Childhood Home, 1099 Pinnacle Rd. Closed to the public. A house built in 1830 that was most notably the childhood home of Antoinette Brown Blackwell, the first female ordained minister in the United States.
- 1 Imagine RIT, Lomb Memorial Dr (Jefferson Rd (Rt 252) to RIT campus). Last Sa in April 10AM-5PM. Rochester Institute of Technology's innovation and creativity festival showcases what happens "when the left brain and right brain collide," featuring hundreds of student projects from every corner of the university. Robotics, music, sign language, virtual reality, ecology, and weird science are just a few of the many subject areas covered; in fact, most of the projects take elements from multiple disciplines and combine them in innovative ways. Plenty of food, hands-on exhibits, and kids' activities make for an unbeatable value for a day out. Free.
- 2 Lehigh Valley Trail, E Henrietta Rd (public parking and trail access). This recreational trail, which used to be a railroad track, runs from north to south through Henrietta. It is popular with cyclists, runners, and cross-country skiiers. A trail map can be downloaded here.
- 3 Sky Zone Rochester.
- 1 Marketplace Mall (Marketplace Outlets), 1 Miracle Mile Dr, ☏ . S 11AM-6PM, M-Sa 10AM-9:30PM. Has the usual chain stores.
- 2 Lori's Natural Foods, 900 Jefferson Rd (in the Genesee Valley Regional Marketplace), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 8AM-9PM, Su 9AM-7PM. An organic and natural-food superstore; incredible selection and very good service.
- 3 Beers of the World, 2599 E Henrietta Rd, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. M-W 10AM-7PM, Th-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-4PM. A huge selection of both macro and micro brews from all over the world, plus home-brewing supplies. Also has a large display filled with good cigars. Word to the wise: the owners are quite stand-offish, especially to first time customers and some of the beers are not that fresh. Watch out for dust!
- 1 El Dorado Mexican Cuisine, 2513 E Henrietta Rd, ☏ . M 11:30PM-7:30PM, T-Sa 11:30AM-9PM. Don't be put off by the strip mall location – this place serves up authentic Mexican food at a very reasonable price. Take out available.
- 2 Bill Gray's, 1225 Jefferson Rd, ☏ , ✉ feedback@BillGrays.com. Sep-Jun Su-Th 10:30AM-9PM, F Sa 10:30AM-10PM; Jul-Aug daily 10:30AM-10PM. Biggest location of the city-wide diner chain, including a large game room and outdoor seating.
- 3 DiBella's Italian Market, 620 Jefferson Rd, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM, Su 11AM-7PM. This new flagship location of the very popular Rochester chain includes soups and salads in addition to the usual subs, chips, and cookies.
- 4 The King and I, 1455 E Henrietta Rd, ☏ , fax: . M-Th 11AM-10PM, F 11AM-11PM, Sa 12PM-11PM, Su 12PM-9:30PM. This fantastic Thai spot features reasonable prices, lightning quick service (seriously, it's like they know what you're going to order before you get there) and food that always tastes uncannily fresh and yummy. The ambiance is not great, with a huge cavernous dining room and terrible, terrible art on the walls, but the food is consistently good and you can always get takeout. Make sure to try the Thai iced tea. No need to bother with reservations. Open for lunch and dinner. $8-10.
- 5 Sticky Lips BBQ Juke Joint, 830 Jefferson Rd, Henrietta, ☏ . M T 11AM-11PM, W Th 11AM-12AM, F Sa 11AM-1AM, Su 12PM-10PM. Has live music just about every night and a full bar. It was absolutely slammed during its first few months, but crowds have moderated a bit; still, it's not a bad idea to get there early on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- 1 MacGregors' Grill & Tap Room, 300 Jefferson Rd, ☏ , fax: , ✉ info@MacGregorsGTR.com. Daily 11AM-2AM. Bar and grill located across from RIT, many beers on tap.
- 2 The Distillery, 3010 Winton Rd S, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Sa 11AM-2AM, Su 12PM-1AM; kitchen M-Sa 11AM-1AM, Su 12PM-12AM. A branch of the popular sports bar and grill. The steaks are quite good. Take out available.
- 1 Comfort Suites, 2085 Hylan Dr, ☏ , fax: . 100% non-smoking studio suites. Indoor pool and spa, free Wi-Fi access, complimentary breakfast. $99-$109.
- 2 Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, 4635 W Henrietta Rd, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Has complimentary breakfast and wi-fi, pets accepted. Offers free shuttle service to/from the airport (M-F 8AM-5PM, by prior arrangement). $81+.
- 3 DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester (Holidome), 1111 Jefferson Rd (at I-390 and Rt 15A), ☏ , fax: . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM. A nice hotel with an incredible six-story glass arboretum (the hotel was called the "Holidome" when it was a Holiday Inn). Well worth stopping in just to see the foliage and landscaping inside. Non-smoking only. $100-145.
- 1 Henrietta Public Library, 455 Calkins Rd, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-Th 10AM-9PM, F 12PM-5PM, Sa 10AM-5PM. Free wi-fi is available on request at the Reference Desk, allowing up to 4 hours of internet access.
|Routes through Henrietta|
|Buffalo ← Le Roy ←||W E||→ Victor → Albany|
|END ← Rochester ←||N S||→ Geneseo → Corning|
|Tonawanda/North Tonawanda ← Rochester ←||W E||→ Fairport → Rome|