Hiriyuru is a town and taluk headquarters located near Chitradurga in the Indian state of Karnataka.Hiriyur is renowned for having the oldest dam in Karnataka, built on the Vedavati river, and named Mari Kanive. Hiriyur is situated along National Highway 4. Hiriyur is located 160 km north of Bangalore. All the buses from Bangalore going towards Hubli, Belgaum, Davanagere, Bellary pass through Hiriyur.The climate is generally dry with low rain fall. During winter (November - February), the night temperature may come down to 18 degrees C.
Hiriyur is well connected by road and rail. There is one bus every 5 minutes from Bangalore as this is on the National Highway - 4 and the Bangalore-Honnavara Road. There are several trains as well, all express trains stop at Tumakuru railway station.
- Surya Cafe (Bangalore Road).
- Sandhya Bakery, Opposite KSRTC Bus Station.
- Swathi Vegetarian, Main Road to Challakere.
- Biriyani Cafe, Main Road to Challakere.
- Kotiland Cafe, Bellary Road.
Tender Coconut water as Hiriyur is known as land of Coconuts locally.
- Ranjith Lodge, Bangalore Road.
- Sangeetha Lodge, Bangalore Road.
- Surya Lodge (Bangalore Road).
- Sun Lodge A/c, Main Road to Challakere.
By B.S.N.L (Cellone) cellular (mobile) network signal. India Post has post offices at different localities where inland letters, post cards, postal envelopes are available. India post provide courier service to different parts of India and abroad.