Chitradurga is a district in Karnataka State.
Chitradurga is at junction of National Highway 48, 50 and 369. The national highway 48 connects Mumbai to Bangalore via Pune KSRTC buses from Bangalore to Davanagere are available frequent intervals. There many private buses plying on this routes from Bangalore towards Dharwad, Belagavi, Kolhapur, Poona and Bombay. Chitradurga comes one hour before Davanagere city while coming from Bengaluru . Few Karnataka state highway (SH) 48,438, pass through it. Limited trains are available.
- Chitradurga Fort (202 km northwest of Bangalore). This seemingly impregnable fort has 18 ancient temples, 19 gateways, 38 posterior entrances, a palace, a mosque, granaries, oil pits, four secret entrances and water tanks. It's renowned for its Kallina Kote/Ukinna kote/Elu Suttina kote, built in parts by the Palegar Nayakas, Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan. It comprises a series of seven enclosure walls in Kannada.
Other places of interest:
- Chandavalli kere- 8 km from fort
- Muruga rajendra Mutt with 20 to 25 acres of garden around it, NH4 highway
- Jogimatti- A hill station- 10 km from fort
- Aadumalleshwara- A reservoir of few wild animals- On the way to Jogimatti
There are few restaurants available in chitradurga: Aishwarya fort(NH4), Amogha International(Inside the city, Near santhe maidaana), Naveen regency(NH4) ...
Some of the roads to remote villages are isolated and dark without street lights at night. B.S.N.L cellular or mobile signals are available in Chitradurga district.