Buses to Bangalore to davanagere are available very frequently. Chitradurga comes one hour before davanagere.
Bangalore to Bombay nuses will go.
Limited trains are available.
- Chitradurga Fort (202 km northwest of Bangalore). This seemingly impregnable fort has 18 ancient temples, 19 gateways, 38 posterior entrances, a palace, a mosque, granaries, oil pits, four secret entrances and water tanks. It's renowned for its Kallina Kote/Ukinna kote/Elu Suttina kote, built in parts by the Palegar Nayakas, Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan. It comprises a series of seven enclosure walls in Kannada.
Other places of interest:
- Chandavalli kere- 8 km from fort
- Muruga rajendra Mutt with 20 to 25 acres of garden around it, NH4 highway
- Jogimatti- A hill station- 10 km from fort
- Aadumalleshwara- A reservoir of few wild animals- On the way to Jogimatti
There are few restaurants available in chitradurga: Aishwarya fort(NH4), Amogha International(Inside the city, Near santhe maidaana), Naveen regency(NH4) ...