Hofors is a town, and a municipality, Hofors kommun, in Gävleborg County, in the western Gästrikland province.
Many visitors arrive by train or bus from nearby, bus #141 from Gävle via Sandviken stops in Hofors. Trains between Gävle and Dalarna calls in Hofors while a few trains that take a more direct route towards Örebro via Avesta only calls in Torsåker.
- 1 Hofors railway station (Hofors järnvägsstation). The railway station in Hofors inconveniently located about 3½ kilometres north of the town centre, however there is usually an connecting bus.
- 2 Torsåker railway station (Torsåker järnvägsstation).
- 1 Kratte furnace (Kratte masugn). An historic ironworks, nowadays an idyllic picknick spot. Several buildings and machinery remains.
- 2 Storbergets' mines, ☏ . A historic mine, open during summer with guides tours.
- 1 Hotell Bergsmannen, Skolgatan 11, ☏ , fax: .