One of the most industrialized cities in Sweden, Sandviken is dominated by the huge steel processing factory Sandvik, which employs almost 7,000 of the town's population of just under 40,000. This explains why there are a lot of international guests dining in town.
- 1 Sandviken resecentrum (Just south of city centre). hub for regional trains and buses.
- 2 Storvik railway station.
- 1 Rosenlöfs Tryckerimuseum, Korsikavägen 23, Kungsgården, ☏ . Small working museum dedicated to printing.
- 1 Högbo Bruk, Hans Hiertas väg 6, 811 92 Sandviken, ☏ . A recreation area situated at countryside just outside Sandviken. The area includes manors, blacksmith cottages, a mill, stables, a hotel, an exhibition of carriages and sleighs, as well as the fragrance center Bjork & Berries. Free.
- 2 Kungsberget Ski Resort, Kungsbergsvägen 51, Järbo.
- 3 Färnebofjärden National Park. A massive national park along the Dal river (Dalälven).
- 1 Kanalkiosken, Barrsätragatan 36, ☏ .
- 2 The Church, Hyttgatan 28, ☏ . Gastropub in the town's old Baptist church.
- 1 LillPuben, ☏ . Small and cozy pub serving typical bar food with a friendly atmosphere.
- 2 [formerly dead link] Mulligans Pub, Hyttgatan 15, ☏ . Irish-themed bar. Largest selection of beer in town.
- 3 [dead link] Sportbaren, Smedsgatan 19, ☏ . Sportsbar in the same building as Hotell Princess.
- 1 Stadshotellet Princess, Smedsgatan 19, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com.
- 2 Hotell Hedåsen, Årsundavägen 100, ☏ .
- 3 Högbo Brukshotell, Hans Hiertas väg 5, ☏ . High-end hotel at Högbo bruk.