Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hoima is in Western Uganda.
- Hoima is 225 km from Kampala and takes 4 hours on a bus along a good road.
- Link Bus Services has buses a every hour from 6.30am till 6pm from Hoima to Kampala. The bus fare from Kampala to Hoima is USh 13,000. there are also mini vans which go to and from Kampala.
- There are also mini vans from Hoima going to and from Fort Portal and Masindi. The roads from Hoima to Fort Portal and Masindi are not very good. the fare from Hoima to Fort Portal was USh 30,000 (Jan 2015). The fare from Hoima to Masindi is USh 10,000.
- There is a van a few times a day from Hoima to Lake Albert.
- Boda-Bada can take you any where in Hoima for USh 1000/3000.
- Mparo Tombs (4 km out of Hoima).
- Karuziika Palace, Butiaba Road (just beyond hoima town centre).
- Katasiha Fort (2 km along the Butiaba road).
- Kibero Salt Gardens and Hot Spring (24 km from z).
- Swimming pool (at crown Hotel and Contiki Hotel.). From USh 10,000.
- Kenya Commercial Bank. Has a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
- Peoples Supermarket, Old fort portal road. 8AM-8PM. high price.
- Equity Bank. Has a Visa Card/Mastercard/American Express/Diners Club/JCB/Maestro ATM.
- Stanbic Bank. Has a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
- Hoima Public Market (down town Hoima). 6AM-6PM. Big public market. low price.
- Bank of Africa. Currency exchange. good rates for pounds and dollars.
- Yo Yo Restaurant, High Street. 8am-8pm. local food. pot of tea. chips. breakfast. egg roll. sort drinks. low prices.
- Court view Restaurant, Old fort portal Road. 8am-10pm. pizzas . chicken & chips. tea. sort drink. higher end price.
- Kolping Society Guest House, Butiaba Road, ☏ . Church-run guest house. Double rooms with own bathroom. Nice garden. From USh 60,000.
- Bhojani Hotel, ☏ . Single/double rooms with shared bathroom. From USh 22,000.
- Nsamo Hotel (close to taxi park). Single/double with own bathroom. Has 30 rooms. from USh 30,000.
- Hoima Pharmacy Old Fort Portal Road.
- Hoima Regional Referral Hospital has 280 beds.