Highway 101 runs directly through Hoodsport as it follows the northwest shoreline of Hood Canal.
Scuba diving is popular here, as it is home to two underwater marine preserves: Octopus Hole and Sund Rock.
Hoodsport also serves as a main jump-off point from US Hwy 101 to the Olympic Mountains and Olympic National Park. Hoodsport serves as a good base, where visitors can return for a hot meal and good night's sleep after exploring the Skokomish River at Staircase; picnicking, fishing and swimming at Lake Cushman; trekking on the National Park trails; or scrambling to the top of Mt. Ellinor for views of Hood Canal and the Cascades in the distance.
Visitors can pick up souvenirs, local wines, and fresh seafood at one of the shops in this quaint tourist town.
- Laurie's: It is the local gift shop. Family-owned and run, it is also the liquor store.
- Model T Pub and Eatery. Known for the "broasted chicken", great sandwiches and burgers. More fried foods then you will be able to try so will have to go back for more visits and sit in the beer garden.
- The Burger Stand has great teriyaki and burgers. An unexpected combo in a small town but it works and it is great.
- El Puerto De Angelas-Mexican food on the water with great sangria. What else can you ask for?
- Hoodsport Coffee Company
- Model T pub and eatery. Beer garden, open Su-Th 11AM-11PM, F Sa 11AM-midnight.
- Glen Ayr, 25381 N. US Highway 101, ☏ , toll-free: . A Hood Canal waterfront resort. Guests can enjoy diving, boating, saltwater or freshwater fishing, clamming or picking oysters, doing some beach-combing or so much more.
- Sun Rise Motel
- Potlach on the Water
|Routes through Hoodsport|
|Port Angeles ← Sequim ← Jct NE ← Jct E ←||N S||→ Potlatch → Olympia|