With a population of 5,000, Sequim offers small-town charm with big city amenities. You will find unsurpassed natural beauty and a unique Northwest identity. Sequim is located in one of the most beautiful spots in the world. The soaring Olympic Mountains decorate the city’s southern border and the waters of the Strait of Juan de Fuca create a northern boundary. Sequim’s ideal weather and rich soil are the envy of other coastal towns and all of Western Washington. You may want to bring a bucket to pick lavender, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. Sequim is also famous for the flavorful native Dungeness crab.
From Seattle's main airport, SeaTac (SEA IATA), one can drive directly to Sequim in just over 2 hours (via I-5 S, WA-16 W, WA-3 N & WA-101). Washington State Ferries cut across the Puget Sound from Edmonds, or from downtown Seattle to Bainbridge Island. There are also ferry routes from Victoria (British Columbia) to nearby Port Angeles.
John Wayne Marina [formerly dead link] is nestled on the west side of Sequim Bay.
- Highway 101
- Old Olympic Highway
- John Wayne Marina [formerly dead link]
- Sequim Valley Airport
- Clallam Transit connects Sequim to Port Angeles and Jefferson Transit connects Sequim to Port Townsend.
- Olympic National Park
- New Dungeness Lighthouse.
- Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge.
- Dungeness Spit.
- Olympic Game Farm.
- Olympic Discovery Trail.
- [dead link]Hurricane Ridge.
- [dead link]Deer Park.
- San Juan Islands
- Strait of Juan de Fuca
- Jardin Du Soleil lavender farm.
- Purple Haze Organic Lavender Farm, 180 Bell Bottom Rd, ☎ . Sequim is famous for its scenic lavender farms. Wander the fields at this certified organic lavender farm and browse its gift shop, which offers a variety of lavender products made from lavender oil distilled on-site.
- Ocean kayaking
- Berry picking
- Powered paragliding
- 7 Cedars Casino
There are many small quaint shops in downtown Sequim. Lavender products are available at various lavender farm outlets.
- Sequim Open Aire Market.
- [dead link]Jamestown S'Klallam Indian Art Gallery (At Sequim Bay). Offers art & souvenirs.
Numerous places to dine or to just grab a bite to eat.
Many locally owned motels are available in the area as well a few large chains.
- George Washington Inn, 939 Finn Hall Rd, ☎ . George Washington Inn is a new bed & breakfast located along the Strait of Juan de Fuca between Sequim and Port Angeles. $250-400.
- The Farmhouse Vacation Rental at Purple Haze Lavender Farm, 180 Bell Bottom Rd (take the exit to John Wayne Marina (White Feather Way) and turn left on West Sequim Bay Road), toll-free: . Enjoy Agri-tourism, where you not only stay in a beautiful rural setting, you can also watch firsthand the operations of a working Lavender Farm. The Farm House can comfortably accommodate 8 guests. $275 for 6 guests.
- Port Townsend
- Port Angeles - Gateway to Canada via ferry. Location of Fairchild International Airport.
- Olympic Loop - Take the Olympic Loop for a scenic drive back around the Olympics.
|Routes through Sequim|
|Port Angeles ← Carlsborg ←||W S||→ Jct E → Jct E → Hoodsport → Olympia|