Hunsur is a town in Mysore district.
Buses are the only available mode of public transportation in Hunsur. Taxis can be hired at reasonable rates. Motorists please note that the road within Nagarhole National Park until 15km outside Hunsur is in bad shape. Avoid on two or three wheeler. Hunsur to Mysore road is better, with multiple lanes allowing traffic up to 100kmph.
- 1 Dodda Aladha Mara (Big Banyon Tree).
- 2 Gaddige Kenddganeshwara Temple.
- 3 Tibetan Settlement Gurupura.
- Gaddige Kenddganeshwara Temple, Bhogadi Road (18 km). Riverside temple with cool and spacious courtyard to relax and free lunch with sweets is served from 11.00 am
- Picnic Spots.
- Bannikuppe village
- Kallali village
- Kokkare Hosalli
- Muddena Halli
- Take a slow bus to Mysore. Traveling in a slow bus to Mysore can take you through small villages like Hinkal, Ilwala and Bilikere.
- Excursion to Piriyapatna. Take the road on the right of the Thithimathi checkpost. Drive by forest temples and small villages. There are few educational institutions in this route like Yatman College and Pushpa Convent school before you finally reach the little town of Piriyapatna..
- Hunsur Tiffanies, Hunsur.
- Raghavendra Restaurant, Opp KSRTC.
- Caffe Coorg, State Highway.
- Ashoka Lodge, Opp. KSRTC Bus Station. Rs.400.
- Prashanth Kerala Lodge, Near Hunsur Depot, ☏ , , . Bar attached Rs.600.
- Saraswathy Lodge, Near Hunsur Depot, ☏ . Rs 600.
- Vikram Paradise, Opp. KSRTC Bus Station, ☏ . Rs.900/-.
- B.S.Lodge, Near Hunsur Depot. Rs.800/-.
- Nagarhole National Park 45 km from Hunsur.